Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
you beat me to it admin i was just going to put something along those lines :icon_lol: ;)

People please stop working out the cost on the basis 22000 people paid to see the ipswich game.

Probably 14000-15000 were season ticket holders which means they had no matchday income other then drinks food etc.

So like admin said 7000 matchday tickets and 10000+ at £5 less is break even so with the lower price anything over 25000=profit over the higher prices.

I must say I was a little shocked at the gate size against Ipswich, especially after the Stoke result.

Then again, I didn't go, so bloody hell, I can't moan!

alex said:
I must say I was a little shocked at the gate size against Ipswich, especially after the Stoke result.

Then again, I didn't go, so bloody hell, I can't moan!

i dunno its supporters like you that ruin this club well im not happy..................................;) only joking!!

I understand you live in Londinium?

LeeH said:
When the results start going our way, people will be back though, regardless of the price.

Over the last few years, we've had to put up with a hell of a lot of crap on and off the pitch, and I can see why people don't want to fork out for more of the same. However, as I said earlier, people were happy enough to pay those prices when we first moved into the stadium, and if we had been playing great football since, with even a limited amount of success, I don't think that the cost of tickets would be as big an issue as it currently is.

Absolutely right.

There will not be a significant attendence problem if we are seen to be seriously chasing promotion.

However, if we are bobbling in mid table then expect the club to re-take the position on the grading of fixtures.

How about a loyalty scheme which rewards the fans for attending matches, the board could break the home games into banks of 4. The first 3 games are priced at the full price but if a supporter attends all 3 then fourth game would be allocated as half price. This way it encourages people to attend all matches but rewards them with an incentive. the scheme can also include the same offer to concessions ( Kids and OAP'S)

Example :

So you would pay 3 x £27 = £81.00

Plus loyalty game 1 x £13.50 = £13.50

4 games cost = £94.50

Therefore average cost per game would be : £94.50 / 4 = £23.625

This equates to a discount of £3.375 per match or 12.5%.

This scheme would reward the fans who turn up week in and week out but who cannot afford the outlay of a season ticket, but it also gives the club a control of its finances, it may also attract a few more part time Pete's to come every game.

12.5% is too low, someone said already ST holders get 45% this season and its usually 10-15% so I think 25-30% minimum discount is needed, with regrading of games on top.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
How about a loyalty scheme which rewards the fans for attending matches, the board could break the home games into banks of 4. The first 3 games are priced at the full price but if a supporter attends all 3 then fourth game would be allocated as half price. This way it encourages people to attend all matches but rewards them with an incentive. the scheme can also include the same offer to concessions ( Kids and OAP'S)

Example :

So you would pay 3 x £27 = £81.00

Plus loyalty game 1 x £13.50 = £13.50

4 games cost = £94.50

Therefore average cost per game would be : £94.50 / 4 = £23.625

This equates to a discount of £3.375 per match or 12.5%.

This scheme would reward the fans who turn up week in and week out but who cannot afford the outlay of a season ticket, but it also gives the club a control of its finances, it may also attract a few more part time Pete's to come every game.

I reckon looking forward to next year they will have to do something like this in February, as Derby, Wolves & Leeds are probable A games & that makes it an expensive month - so some package for the 3 would be a good idea

Last edited:
We reckon all A grade games will be offered to members with £5 off, therefore for 4 games that would work out at £88 in total, assuming some other games had been attended through the season to claw back the initial £15 outlay. For instance the next 2 B grade games have £5 off each

Foxes_Trust said:
We reckon all A grade games will be offered to members with £5 off, therefore for 4 games that would work out at £88 in total, assuming some other games had been attended through the season to claw back the initial £15 outlay. For instance the next 2 B grade games have £5 off each

If a adult member bought 14 tickets this season, based on the current savings they would shell out £281 including membership fee. That's around what I paid for a season ticket. Let's remember that is for a MEMBER not the general public.

Why not give away free membership to anyone who buys a ticket for the first game of the season. I would see that encouraging new members and maybe selling out the game. By my maths the club would get their membership money back in one game, people would think they had got something for nothing and be more likely to buy tickets for future games. Just an idea.........

thats quite a good idea, alot of casual fans probably dont plan which games they go to, they go when circumstances fit the bill, so they wont be buying membership if they think they only going to go for one game, but free membership gives incentive for people to goto their first game and then makes subsequent games more tempting with lower prices.

Bobby Smith said:
If a adult member bought 14 tickets this season, based on the current savings they would shell out £281 including membership fee. That's around what I paid for a season ticket. Let's remember that is for a MEMBER not the general public.

Why not give away free membership to anyone who buys a ticket for the first game of the season. I would see that encouraging new members and maybe selling out the game. By my maths the club would get their membership money back in one game, people would think they had got something for nothing and be more likely to buy tickets for future games. Just an idea.........

Far too sensible so no-one will ever take the idea up. For the record I think it is an excellent idea. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669