Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media still have cottoned on to the fact we're favs.

From the BBC;

Spurs could have no complaints when they lost at West Ham United on Wednesday. They were beaten by the better side, something that will happen in the fierce competition of the Premier League.
It was a case of not too much harm done with Arsenal and Manchester City also losing - but here they missed a real opportunity.

Forgive me if I am wrong, pundits - but I think you need to rethink the assertion that our team have never challenged for a title.

5 of our starting 11 won the championship. 1 has 2 premier league winners medals. 1 is the top scorer for Japanese football internationally. 8 were part of our fight against relegation last season. 1 has a father who won countless medals with Manchester United.

It baffles me that Pundits are still writing us off based on this statement.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 29
I can assure you as surely as night follows day that no matter how the season finishes the press will turn against us.

Plucky underdogs are great press, Roy of the Rovers, David v Goliath are really fantastic stories but no-one really (press) wants us to upset the status quo for any duration.

Even if we do go on to win the league a large segment of the press will claim this is because:

1) The league is weak.
2) Other teams have failed to capitalise.

The last thing it will be because of is the quality, skill, pace, experience and guile of LCFC.

They are almost certainly sharpening their knives as we speak.

I can assure you as surely as night follows day that no matter how the season finishes the press will turn against us.

Plucky underdogs are great press, Roy of the Rovers, David v Goliath are really fantastic stories but no-one really (press) wants us to upset the status quo for any duration.

Even if we do go on to win the league a large segment of the press will claim this is because:

1) The league is weak.
2) Other teams have failed to capitalise.

The last thing it will be because of is the quality, skill, pace, experience and guile of LCFC.

They are almost certainly sharpening their knives as we speak.

Or claiming our players must be taking drugs.

Forgive me if I am wrong, pundits - but I think you need to rethink the assertion that our team have never challenged for a title.

5 of our starting 11 won the championship. 1 has 2 premier league winners medals. 1 is the top scorer for Japanese football internationally. 8 were part of our fight against relegation last season. 1 has a father who won countless medals with Manchester United.

It baffles me that Pundits are still writing us off based on this statement.

The Kasper link is a bit of a stretch but I agree with you in theory mate

Leeds fan in peace.

Just want to say what your boys are doing this season is awesome.
I've not been so tuned in to a Premiership campaign for as long as I can remember.
Just make sure you go on and win it now and give all the usuals a real wake up call. And whatever you're doing down at Halibut Street, keep up the good work.

It'll be the best title win since we last did it. !

(BTW Can we borrow your manager once you've been crowned champions ?)

It'll be

Watched the north London derby in a pub in Brentford, before we headed upto Watford. When Sanchez equalied everyone was singing "common Leicester"

The Kasper link is a bit of a stretch but I agree with you in theory mate
Yes, I agree, I felt like the point had been made but I wanted to say something about it. To be fair I think Kasper probably has learnt a lot from his Dad and you have to assume Peter is constantly talking with him and keeping him in the right frame of mind. It certainly can't hurt.

The way I see it.

4 wins and it's us or Spurs
5 wins and it's probably ours
6 wins and it's definitely ours

The way I see it.

4 wins and it's us or Spurs
5 wins and it's probably ours
6 wins and it's definitely ours
I was sort of looking at in a similar way.

If one of the other teams has a stunning finish to the season, where would they get to in terms of points? Spurs would be the worst case scenario, as they're the closest to us. They have 9 games remaining (including some tough fixtures), but say they won 7, drew 1, lost 1, which would represent a great run, they would get 22 points. We would therefore need 18 points in order to be ahead of them, which is 6 wins (or 5 wins and 3 draws).

This is a fairly extreme target though, as it would be a phenomenal run in itself and also it would be by Spurs, our nearest competitor. If it's Arsenal or Man City doing that, then we have a greater cushion to start with. If it's not quite that good a run, then it again lowers our target.

I hate doing this, as it's driving me mad, but the more you look at it and the nearer we get to the end of the season, the closer it gets to us doing something I honestly never thought I'd see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669