Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the pundits have been saying for months that once Man City and Arsenal and Spurs get their horrendous injury lists sorted out, they would go on the rampage, AND EASILY OVERTAKE US

Well Spurs are the only ones performing at the moment, so no reason to think any of the others are suddenly going to improve their form particularly as they mostly have nearly double the games left that we have.

Last 10 games form:

LEICESTER - WON 6, DRAWN 3, LOST 1
SPURS - WON 6, DRAWN 2, LOST 2
ARSENAL - WON 3, DRAWN 3, LOST 4
MAN CITY - WON 4, DRAWN 3, LOST 3
WEST HAM - WON 6, DRAWN 2, LOST 2
MAN UTD - WON 5, DRAWN 2, LOST 3

So generally for the last 10 games only Spurs and West Ham are matching us, and with fixture congestion, I cannot see Spurs keeping up. There will be tiredness and injuries.

As someone on Talksport said this morning, 'In previous years, if one of the Big Clubs was 5 points clear with 9 games to go, the bookmakers will be already paying out.'

They are obviously still waiting for our wheels to burst or the bubbles to fall off!

Some magnificent mind games from Wenger today "we beat them twice, it's up to others now".

This gets to the heart of the matter. It's got to the stage where our rivals need us to blow up.

If we carry on as we are, we win. If our bottle goes, it's open again.

90% of me does still expect us to get the jitters. I do strongly believe that glory will only come following some diabolical torture.

Some magnificent mind games from Wenger today "we beat them twice, it's up to others now".

This gets to the heart of the matter. It's got to the stage where our rivals need us to blow up.

90% of me does still expect us to get the jitters. I do strongly believe that glory will only come following some diabolical torture.

If we need something on the last day, I'm telling you right now...my heart won't be able to take it. It needs to be done by the time Everton visit.

And Chelsea beat them twice. Maybe Arsene thinks Chelsea should be top?

And Chelsea beat them twice. Maybe Arsene thinks Chelsea should be top?

If we'd beaten them at their place like we may well have done were it not for the antics of their horrible players and fans, we'd be 15 points clear of them now and his mind games would be even more pathetic and desperate.

If we'd beaten them at their place like we may well have done were it not for the antics of their horrible players and fans, we'd be 15 points clear of them now and his mind games would be even more pathetic and desperate.

If teams follow the last 6 form for the next 8 games, then with 1 game to go the table will look this:

Leicester = 77
Spurs = 72
West Ham = 66
Arsenal = 63
Man City = 61
Man Utd = 61
Liverpool = 61

So unless form changes dramatically, we could be champions BEFORE we go to Chelsea, and maybe even before Everton roll up to the King power for a damn good thrashing.

But a normal guy with a family etc, £79,000 is not to be sneezed at. Brilliant bet, wise move, its not jitters its commonsense.

Jittery! Jittery! Are there Ambramovichs hiding on here?

Who, in their right mind would today sell their house and bet £91,000 on City winning at less than 3-1?

Having said that, I would not have put £50 on in the first place, maybe a fiver, so a big well done to the guy for loyalty and hope, or maybe being completely daft!
It wasn't meant to be an entirely serious post......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669