To our moron fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like segregation, and not from the perspective of trouble etc. I enjoy the feeling of unity that you get at away matches by sitting or standing with my own fans. I also think it is better for the banter/atmosphere.

Wouldn't you prefer voluntary segregation?

Last edited:
No. Especially now where some clubs are more relaxed in the way they treat travelling supporters, I don't see it as a problem.

Fair enough. I'll just accept that I don't understand you.:icon_wink

Freedom of choice eh?

In the spirit of compromise I will volunteer to sit next to him with my thermos.

Once emptied of it's delicious combination of coffee and armagnac, I will throw the flask at him while singing loudly.

See, there is a way we can all be happy.

In the spirit of compromise I will volunteer to sit next to him with my thermos.

Once emptied of it's delicious combination of coffee and armagnac, I will throw the flask at him while singing loudly.

:icon_lol: OG you have cheered me up no end

Marvelous :038::icon_lol:

They know where the family stand is, ****ing use it.

Fair enough at the Walkers. What do you suggest at away games? Or would you rather not see the young fans of the future at away games?

You can have an 'atmosphere' without throwing full bottles around amongst your own supporters............. can't you?

No-one has a right to go to a football match.

Maybe not, but those who do go have the right to feel safe and if it takes segregation to provide that safety than so be it

Things that children see can have profound effects on them for many years.

I certainly wouldn't want my children to see men in their 30s/40s/50s acting how they were on that concourse yesterday because a) It's intimidating and frightening for them and b) Some, more impressionable kids, may just think it's "cool".

What I found just as worrying was that kids were openly joining in with the bottle throwing and being encouraged/laughed at by their parents(?) ... clearly a training ground for the next generation of moron.

Maybe not, but those who do go have the right to feel safe and if it takes segregation to provide that safety than so be it

I thought I'd left this one behind.

You seem to have missed the point I was trying to make. Segregation shouldn't be the action used to make people safe. Of course it doesn't make people safe as we saw in the early years, it just moved the trouble outside the grounds and it was a lot worse.

Since no-one has a right to go to a match (unlike the right to live in society) the possibility should be removed from those who cause trouble thus making everyone safe without the need to force segregation on people.

It wasn't so long ago that segregation of black from white was acceptable (and one reason was safety). Would you agree with segregating white from black in football stadiums? Of course you wouldn't. So why should we be forced by law breakers to segregate one teams fans from anothers?

I'm sure that mostly fans would stand together anyway, but it'd be nice to watch a match standing next to a friend who is a supporter of the other team wouldn't it?

What I found just as worrying was that kids were openly joining in with the bottle throwing and being encouraged/laughed at by their parents(?) ... clearly a training ground for the next generation of moron.

And so the insecurity continues.

Education and punishment. gaaah!

Since no-one has a right to go to a match
Everyone has the right to go to a football match

It wasn't so long ago that segregation of black from white was acceptable
That was through ignorance and prejudices, not safety.

Bizarre reasoning, FIF

Last edited:
That's very worrying and upsetting.

Everyone has the right to go to a football match

That was through ignorance and prejudices, not safety.

Bizarre reasoning, FIF

No, no-one has the right to go to a football match. The club, authorities and police can stop anyone or everyone going to a match.

One of the arguments given for segregation was safety.

Most of my reasoning is bizarre wait until I start arguing the opposite sides of the same argument - you ain't seen nothing yet.

No, no-one has the right to go to a football match. The club, authorities and police can stop anyone or everyone going to a match.
Bollocks, EVERYONE has the right to go to a football match.

You only have that right removed if you can't behave while you're there!!!!!

bollocks back to you twice as big.

A lifer in prison doesn't have the right to go to a football match.

People arrested for related offences don't have the right to go to a football match

Some 6 year old without any cash doesn't have the right to go to a football match.

How many matches have you decided you wanted to go to at walkers and just walked in and watched without buying a ticket and therefore being given the right to enter?

p.s. Do I lose points for arguing with you?

Last edited:
A lifer in prison doesn't have the right to go to a football match.

People arrested for related offences don't have the right to go to a football match
That's nothing to do with football :icon_roll

But they did have that right, because EVERYBODY has that right. They had that right taken away from because they can't behave.

**next paragraph omitted due to my close proximity to my forum banning order**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670