Todays Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club as it stands is a going concern from a business point of view. It has a large debt which it isnt reducing, it will likely make a loss in the next financial year.

This is why its valued at a low amount, it has potential lots of it but isnt performing right now.

Agreed.

With the club making a very modest profit, 1.5m and thats with being as tight as.

What effect will the loss of £7m parachute payment have, i think most of the cut backs have happened.

Maybe alot depends on the funds from the Walkers Sunday carboot sales

MM has increased his offer to 6m. Breaking news on RL. MM expects to be the owner by the new year.

The finest piece of work that Bill Anderson has ever done

Don't know what he's been taking, but it's brought him right back to the real world

Top notch stuff, Mr A

Is English his 2nd language? It's not very well composed.

Hopefully they'll have the full interview with MM later in the day, that's as much as they've revealed so far. (and I'd rather hear him say it that it reported by RL after their recent behaviour)

MM has increased his offer to 6m. Breaking news on RL. MM expects to be the owner by the new year.

Thats an hell of an increase from 3m!!:icon_lol:

Jeff you do know if manderics deal collapses then tigers investors are likely to take control.

Do you think they are more likely to treat the club better? or just use the purchase to gain control of the ground.

It is in manderics interest for the club to gain value after he purchases it, he can only achieve this by success on the pitch and this puts him on par with the fans having the same goals.

Also he has experience in football, what experience does the alternative have?

I've not said I'm against Mandaric taking over, I just think we should make sure there are proper guarantees in place about the long term future of the club if he or anyone else takes over. If none of the potential owners can make a long term commitment I would be happy for things to stay as they are. If the shareholders turn down and the 'Tigers' offer isn't as good for the club why would they accept it?

The club as it stands is a going concern from a business point of view. It has a large debt which it isnt reducing, it will likely make a loss in the next financial year.

This is why its valued at a low amount, it has potential lots of it but isnt performing right now.
[FONT=&quot]
I actually disagree with this. We don't have a large 'debt' as such. Its like a mortgage on your house, you don't go round saying I’m in £200,000 worth of debt. Where as if you have a large overdraft or outstanding loans from the bank you would say I'm in massive debt.

You see for any potential buyer the 'debt' on Leicester isn’t a problem, because its not going to lead to us being wound up, and it’s only paid off when we are in the Premiership. Therefore no risk for anyone taking over.

Meanwhile the old Leicester (pre admin) owed money left right and centre and that’s why nobody wanted to but the club then.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I actually disagree with this. We don't have a large 'debt' as such. Its like a mortgage on your house, you don't go round saying I’m in £200,000 worth of debt. Where as if you have a large overdraft or outstanding loans from the bank you would say I'm in massive debt.[/FONT]

If you have a mortgage on your house you have a liability....not an asset.

I've not said I'm against Mandaric taking over, I just think we should make sure there are proper guarantees in place about the long term future of the club if he or anyone else takes over. If none of the potential owners can make a long term commitment I would be happy for things to stay as they are. If the shareholders turn down and the 'Tigers' offer isn't as good for the club why would they accept it?

To be fair I think the club are doing their best to ensure that the long term interest of LCFC are looked after.

And by the sounds of the new bid the wallets of the FT will be looked after too.

Everyone's happy!

Did the current shareholders give a monkey's about all of the shareholders that lost their money when the club went into admin?

Best post on this topic. :038: :038: :038:

Did the current shareholders give a monkey's about all of the shareholders that lost their money when the club went into admin?

As one of those shareholders who lost money I would ask why the hell should they? - the price or value of shares can go down as well as up, and when I purchased my shares I knew it was a high risk investment, not the sort of one you put your retirement nest-egg into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669