Todays Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it?
What could they have done to make any difference to the previous shareholders?
:102:

They could have donated their money to previous shareholders instead of saving the club. Although in some cases that would have involved giving money to themselves, as some of the existing shareholders also lost money when we went into administration.

As one of those shareholders who lost money I would ask why the hell should they? - the price or value of shares can go down as well as up, and when I purchased my shares I knew it was a high risk investment, not the sort of one you put your retirement nest-egg into.
Then maybe the current bunch of greedy bastards should read your post

Then maybe the current bunch of greedy bastards should read your post

My point exactly, i meant it with a hint of irony. Some of you are bleating about the shareholders accepting less than what they paid for them, when it wasn't so long ago more people lost a lot more than they stand/stood to.

MM was doing what any good business man does. Why go in with what you are prepared to pay as your opening gambit?

I always ask for a discount, whether its for my business or at home. I rarely pay list price.

As one of those shareholders who lost money I would ask why the hell should they? - the price or value of shares can go down as well as up, and when I purchased my shares I knew it was a high risk investment, not the sort of one you put your retirement nest-egg into.

Me too

:038:

But the current shareholders had a choice, and MM was trying to take the piss with his initial bid.

So if you went to an auction you would bid what the item was worth on the first bid would you?

So if you went to an auction you would bid what the item was worth on the first bid would you?

of course not, but I doubt Jeff was knocking MM for making a low offer, he would be expected to try and take the piss, he wouldn't be much of a business man if he didn't.

Has this one been accepted ?

There is a board meeting Saturday week to discuss it. As I mentioned in another thread, I doubt he has put the revised proposals in writing yet. He will have to send his accountants in to do due diligence before he would be in a position to put a firm bid on the table, I would guess that is the reason for the board meeting taking place as noted above.

No, of course not.

Macky understands...

of course not, but I doubt Jeff was knocking MM for making a low offer, he would be expected to try and take the piss, he wouldn't be much of a business man if he didn't.

But I do find it odd that some people are calling current shareholders 'greedy' for wanting their money back, but when MM puts in a ridiculously low offer they don't think he's being greedy :icon_conf

No, of course not.

Macky understands...

But I do find it odd that some people are calling current shareholders 'greedy' for wanting their money back, but when MM puts in a ridiculously low offer they don't think he's being greedy :icon_conf

Greedy? Well someone will be eating all the Pukka Pies.........

...........But I do find it odd that some people are calling current shareholders 'greedy' for wanting their money back, but when MM puts in a ridiculously low offer they don't think he's being greedy :icon_conf

I think they are all business men and they are all greedy and will want as much as they can get.;)

There is a board meeting Saturday week to discuss it. As I mentioned in another thread, I doubt he has put the revised proposals in writing yet. He will have to send his accountants in to do due diligence before he would be in a position to put a firm bid on the table, I would guess that is the reason for the board meeting taking place as noted above.

Saturday Week?? Feck me the Emotions of some on here will be up and down like a Yo-Yo in the next 10 days:icon_roll

Saturday Week?? Feck me the Emotions of some on here will be up and down like a Yo-Yo in the next 10 days:icon_roll

But at least it's free. Imagine how much it would cost for 2 weeks constant white-knuckle rides at Alton Towers:icon_bigg

is it?
What could they have done to make any difference to the previous shareholders?
:102:

If they take the attitude that they want recompensing for their investment then they should have repaid all those that lost money after the float. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669