Post Match Tottenham 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/2783173/leicester-make-tottenham-look-pretenders

"The Italian should look to bring in someone to aid Vardy because, now that his scoring run has leveled out, it's hard not to think he looks exactly what he is: a decent striker with some good qualities, but never someone who was on the world-class level he suggested in the first few months of the season.

That's what might be required to properly propel Leicester from a result like this, because so much else about them is still so good."

Whilst that's mostly bollocks, I still think we need another striker in if we're to maintain top 4.

Whilst a lot people (including me), have argued that Vardy needed a rest, the fact that CR has stated he has not trained properly for a month because of a groin injury goes a long way to explain why he has looked tired and not his usual sharp self. He is still not fully fit so I think in fairness we have to give him some leeway he is still a bloody pest around the penalty area, another striker might help but it could cause difficulties. The unity within the dressing room is one of the teams biggest asset and upsetting that could be more problematic than the lack of another striker.

The Fiver on Lawro's predictions.

A LORRA LAWRO LAUGHS

You might have noticed an alternative Premier League table doing the rounds recently. It’s based on thatch-haired Nostradamus and Pointless contestant Mark “Lawro” Lawrenson’s weekly predictions, which are presumably made after he’s finished explaining why the internet will never catch on, and he’s got struggling champions Chelsea four points off leaders Manchester City, Liverpool Football Club riding high in fourth place, West Brom in fifth and Tottenham 13 points off the top four, while down at the bottom West Ham are languishing in 19th with 11 points (actual position: fifth with 35 points), Watford are 18th thanks to a slightly superior goal difference (actual position: 10th with 29 points) and Leicester 17th with 13 points (actual position: joint top with 43 points). Oh, Lawro! That’s as bad as being asked for a country beginning with ‘A’ and coming up with, say, Alaska.

Good at set pieces eh Jan? Talking out of your arse mate. We were good at one set piece.

Read that earlier (on here I think so possible woosh) but that just makes me laugh even more every time I read it.

He basically says they knew exactly how we'd play but they still couldn't stop us and it's not fair that we don't need 100s of chances to score 1 goal and we're also really good at stopping the other team scoring.

His tears of anger taste so sweet!

That was an amazing set piece and Huth just drifted into the space and then produced a sensational header. If any 'big club' player had scored that, it would have dominated all the back pages.

Spurs had 16 corners and never looked like scoring. Tremendous defending and Morgan just gets better and better. Not bad for a For*st reject!

Our defending has vastly improved under Ranieri. It has taken a few months as we looked a bit shakey even at the start of this season but over the last few months we have looked pretty solid, Fuchs and Simpson have also been pretty key in that and Kante has been like an extra defender when we're not in possession.

Shots on target: only 2???
Drinkwater's volley in the first half, saved by Lloris. Vardy's short range shot blocked and deflected to a corner. The triple chance (Mahrez, Drinky, Ulloa). And of course the goal.

image.jpg

That was an amazing set piece and Huth just drifted into the space and then produced a sensational header.

As far as I could make out, the drift was that of the three Spurs players towards Leonardo, two of whom proceeded to collide with each other. I wish Ulloa should get an assist for that, though he didn't seem to have much more of a clue about the ball arrowing towards Huth's satisfyingly teutonic squarehead than the defenders.

Shots on target: only 2???
Drinkwater's volley in the first half, saved by Lloris. Vardy's short range shot blocked and deflected to a corner. The triple chance (Mahrez, Drinky, Ulloa). And of course the goal.

View attachment 12388

Blocked shots don't count as a shot on target. I think 2 is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566