Post Match Tottenham 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a brilliant result. Great performances from Schmeichel and the whole back four.

I have to say that I think Mahrez should be embarrassed by his level of effort and commitment tonight. I'm surprised he wasn't hauled off at half time as he just didn't look interested at all.

11 away games. 7 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat.

Our away form is unbelievable.

What a brilliant result. Great performances from Schmeichel and the whole back four.

I have to say that I think Mahrez should be embarrassed by his level of effort and commitment tonight. I'm surprised he wasn't hauled off at half time as he just didn't look interested at all.

I forgot he playing at one point. He seems to have gone of the boil quite a bit recently.

I forgot he playing at one point. He seems to have gone of the boil quite a bit recently.
At the beginning of the season he had a few blinders and the media hyped him up. He then had a few v.poor games. He's been great again and the media hyped him up. He's now off the boil again. The cynic in me thinks he struggles to handle the expectation at the minute

I think it's partly because we've had a run of very good opposition.

Anyway, I'm still thrilled about yesterday's result. For the first time I now think we'll finish in the top three or four. February will tell I whether or not the league title issue realistic aim. What a ridiculous thing to be contemplating.

Certainly are.

There is only one way the Premier League trophy is still going to be at Stamford Bridge on the last day of the season and its got absolutely nothing to do with Chelsea.

Hypothetically speaking, if a team were champions on the penultimate match because they had a 4 point lead with one game to go, is there any precedent for that team to be crowned champions before the last game?

Just asking like ...

I think this is incredibly harsh. Granted, he was far from his best, but I thought he put in quite a shift doubling up with Simpson in a defensive capacity.

Both he and Vardy, who has also been short of his high standards recently, have earned a considerable amount of patience from us.

More generally, it's a great time to be alive! There's so much belief in the team and also in the supporters that even when we were under significant pressure, everyone seemed to have genuine faith that we had every chance of winning the game. Like many others, I would have been ecstatic with a 0-0 draw; to have won seems almost unreal. I live in North London and thoroughly enjoyed my tube journey home from WHL with my City shirt on display and my run into work in an old City shirt. It's just a great time to be alive.

Also, apologies that this is probably in the wrong place, but what's going on with the Sales Centre? I've been trying to get through to buy an Arsenal ticket for 3 days now - "maximum capacity"...

I think this is incredibly harsh. Granted, he was far from his best, but I thought he put in quite a shift doubling up with Simpson in a defensive capacity.

Both he and Vardy, who has also been short of his high standards recently, have earned a considerable amount of patience from us.

I don't mind a poor performance - Vardy was poor yesterday but still put a shift in for the team. I just felt that Mahrez didn't seem at all interested last night and showed a complete lack of effort. He seemed to look disappointed whenever we were about to make a substitution and he realised it wasn't him coming off.

There's no doubt that he's had a great season, but I'm commenting on last night's game. It reminded me somewhat of his performance against Arsenal and he was subsequently dropped for the next game.

Oh a brighter note, I love seeing the lack of reds on here! - http://www.lcfc.com/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/

I don't mind a poor performance - Vardy was poor yesterday but still put a shift in for the team. I just felt that Mahrez didn't seem at all interested last night and showed a complete lack of effort. He seemed to look disappointed whenever we were about to make a substitution and he realised it wasn't him coming off.

There's no doubt that he's had a great season, but I'm commenting on last night's game. It reminded me somewhat of his performance against Arsenal and he was subsequently dropped for the next game.

Oh a brighter note, I love seeing the lack of reds on here! - http://www.lcfc.com/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/

I think you are imaging things that aren't there. Not his best game by any stretch but he certainly put a shift in. And anyway, he's not in the side for his grafting and defensive work, is he? To suggest he didn't want to play is a wee bit silly. He is a difference maker and a flair player, he's a player that, even when having a bad night, forces the opposition to adjust how they defend and, as such, creates room elsewhere for his teammates.

To expect him to sustain his performance level every game is unreasonable...he has played like the best player in the league for decent stretches.

Maybe Jan, you could move the ball forwards instead of sideways and actually win the game?

8d1820bfb1bd2fb9a8c8f6001da40512.jpg

P.s yes I stole this from elsewhere.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-match/60/post/2783173/leicester-make-tottenham-look-pretenders

"The Italian should look to bring in someone to aid Vardy because, now that his scoring run has leveled out, it's hard not to think he looks exactly what he is: a decent striker with some good qualities, but never someone who was on the world-class level he suggested in the first few months of the season.

That's what might be required to properly propel Leicester from a result like this, because so much else about them is still so good."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566