Post Match Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 3 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur 4:3 Leicester City

I'm fed up of hearing how we went for it away from home, yet I have to watch the most pedestrian defensive bollocks every home game.

It's normally the away form that kills you but we again don't follow the rule book. Lowest home points total in entire league is why we're down.

I reckon that must have surprised most, given the start we had at home and last season's form.

I don't know why but there just feels like an unbelievable air of tension and lack of confidence at home????

Exactly, there is a lot to blame Pearson for this season, in the way he has gone about things and his team selections. But we have been royally shafted by a number of key decisions in the vast majority of games we have played, no matter who the opposition has been.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't see how that was a hat-trick, I thought the second one was going wide until it hit Huth.

Sounds just like a regular wasp to me, is there a particular proverb that it relates to?

Please accept my very sincere apologies. I can confirm that I was using the term 'proverbial' only in the context of Pearson not being an actual wasp - he isn't you know. Neither is he kept in a jam jar. It's just a well known saying.

Exactly, there is a lot to blame Pearson for this season, in the way he has gone about things and his team selections. But we have been royally shafted by a number of key decisions in the vast majority of games we have played, no matter who the opposition has been.

I think there is also a lot more 'know how' amongst Premier League players as to how to exploit situations around the box to get the decisions. We seem to get caught in situations where we are drawn into situations which enables a ref to give a penalty - in contrast some of our lads are not very convincing with their diving.

Also, when we get the decision, ref gives a free kick outside the box. (Man City game)

The PL have to promote their brand. Kane's rise is one of the leagues main stories. More success for Kane, more people talking about the division.

Without looking again, the first maybe offside.

Look again then.

Don't come on here giving it large with your half arsed analysis, we just won't tolerate it.

Please accept my very sincere apologies. I can confirm that I was using the term 'proverbial' only in the context of Pearson not being an actual wasp - he isn't you know. Neither is he kept in a jam jar. It's just a well known saying.
I have no notion what it is that you're apologising for, but I will accept it, provisionally, as long as you explain what this "well known saying" is and what on Earth it could possibly mean.
As I said, which "proverbial wasp" are you talking about?

Last edited:
That's a load of crap. The second goal was definitely an own goal. It needs to be rectified as it is incorrect! As we know, if he wasn't English/particularly Harry Kane it would've been registered as an own goal.

Peno wasn't one. Complete bollocks.Yes we have only ourselves to blame for the majority of this season's lack of success. However, I can think of at least three matches this year where we have been screwed over by poor decisions.

Utter tosh, but we'll survive.

I have no notion what it is that you're apologising for, but I will accept it, provisionally, as long as you explain what this "well known saying" is and what on Earth it could possibly mean.
As I said, which "proverbial wasp" are you talking about?

Let's talk instead about well known adages and kick off with (taking account that this is supposed to be a football forum although I'm not sure that you have ever noticed)...... 'Never apologize; never explain' (John Wayne?)

Also, when we get the decision, ref gives a free kick outside the box. (Man City game)

As I said earlier, the system doesn't set out to be fair: the P.L. promotes its own market which is Spurs and the 'big' clubs. Harry Kane is one of its shiney new products so he gets a promotional hat trick irrespective.

Let's talk instead about well known adages and kick off with (taking account that this is supposed to be a football forum although I'm not sure that you have ever noticed)...... 'Never apologize; never explain' (John Wayne?)
Wasps in glass jam jars shouldn't throw stones

Now there, I have to disagree. It would be an excellent idea, from the wasp's perspective, to throw stones if trapped in a jam jar.

If someone places a wasp in a jar with stones then they only have themselves to blame - like the person who continually puts Michael McIntyre in a studio with cameras.

Thinking about it, it's probably the same person.

I think the wasp represents our frustrations locked within the fragile jar of our hearts. We feed our frustrations on the jam of our jilted love.

Very poignant.

The wasp represents our hope, it is currently unable to fly and has taken to pacing about on the bottom of the half empty (oxygen) jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566