Tottenham riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could have done - but unfortunately OG has registered his Oyster so the police know where he is every minute of the day.

How flattering! However, the world is now my freedom pass. But still trackable.

How flattering! However, the world is now my freedom pass. But still trackable.

Oh yes - I'd forgotten the first three letters of your username.

I always feel that it's odd that all freedom pass users are trackable whereas Oyster users have the choice to be trackable or not. The ptb obviously feel that the elderly and handicapped are less trustworthy.

Oh yes - I'd forgotten the first three letters of your username.

I always feel that it's odd that all freedom pass users are trackable whereas Oyster users have the choice to be trackable or not. The ptb obviously feel that the elderly and handicapped are less trustworthy.

No, it just cuts down the time that the police etc have to spend dealing with those of us who can't get from one end of the waterloo and city line to the other without forgetting who and where we are

There are reports that it's kicking off in Birmingham now. It's getting closer :(

Last edited:
Sod it, I thought, I'm going to go stick it to The Man too.

I have just gone looting the One-Stop in Mawsley. Up yours coppers, you can't do nothing to me!

And by 'looting' I mean 'paid for a bag of organic salad and a nice bottle of Merlot'.

Thwere are reports that it's kicking off in Birmingham now. It's getting closer :(

Leeds too apparently.

Must be Smiths fans responsible for it, they're even doing it in the right order. I'm starting to worry.

Panic on the streets of London
Panic on the streets of Birmingham
I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again ?
The Leeds side-streets that you slip down
I wonder to myself
Hopes may rise on the Grasmere
But Honey Pie, you're not safe here
So you run down
To the safety of the town
But there's Panic on the streets of Carlisle
Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
I wonder to myself

There are reports that it's kicking off in Birmingham now. It's getting closer :(

Plenty of Twitter talk about Leicester, specifically for Friday.

Some fecking moron(s) has started a Riot Leicester FaceBook page too.

Jeez, I despair sometimes I really do.

I've just been informed one of our shops in Peckham is up in flames, tossers! Got an awful feeling it's one where we have a tenant in the flat above, hope to **** I am mistaken there.

I've just been informed one of our shops in Peckham is up in flames, tossers! Got an awful feeling it's one where we have a tenant in the flat above, hope to **** I am mistaken there.
The fact that people's lives and life's possessions might be in danger doesn't seem to matter to these morons.

The fact that people's lives and life's possessions might be in danger doesn't seem to matter to these morons.

True, it's amazing how many friends this man who got shot had eh!

Joking aside, it looks increasingly as though the rioters have no reasons or justification behind their behaviour.

This is not Brixton, Toxteth or other riots of the 1980s where the police were fairly openly and institutionally racist and where therefore almost as blameworthy as the rioters themselves. This is not as one poster on FT suggested 'the human spirit saying enough.' This is sheer mindless violence on a massive scale as well as wanton theft, destruction and vandalism of other people's property. There is no political or social justification behind it , and this coming from somebody who loathes the coalition and all it is doing to public services.

Joking aside, it looks increasingly as though the rioters have no reasons or justification behind their behaviour.

This is not Brixton, Toxteth or other riots of the 1980s where the police were fairly openly and institutionally racist and where therefore almost as blameworthy as the rioters themselves. This is not as one poster on FT suggested 'the human spirit saying enough.' This is sheer mindless violence on a massive scale as well as wanton theft, destruction and vandalism of other people's property. There is no political or social justification behind it , and this coming from somebody who loathes the coalition and all it is doing to public services.

well put

It's been on the cards for a while, still can't pinpoint any particular reason. The whole attitude and mood of people these days is negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669