Gigs Tour & Gig Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to see Doves at Hertfordshire Uni tonight - hopefully I'll get crushed by a few hundred babes - it's the end of freshers week.

Anyone going to watch Jersey Budd at the Charlotte tomorrow night?

Well sod ya then! I was gonna buy you a drink. :098: :icon_wink

:icon_bigg I need a fecking ticket first, can't get them on the site specified?

:icon_bigg I need a fecking ticket first, can't get them on the site specified?

I had a facebook message earlier saying all the internet tickets have gone. There are still some left at Rockaboom and there will be a few on the door. Doors open at 7pm.

liked the vid you posted on facebook, sound quite good

The Screening did an excellent set, it was just a pity the sounding was not quite set right at the beginning. Once that was sorted out they delivered something very professional. This band has the potential to be the next Kasabian, if not bigger. When they played Ten Green Bottles, it seemed everybody knew the track off by heart. Some got carried away and tried to crowd surf. Not the place to do this!

Autohype, the band on before The Screening, had the same sound problems but they pulled through giving an outstanding session. Another local band with loads of potential, but the lead singer had this annoying movement of his hand, which gave the impression he was the Pope blessing the crowd! The girl on keyboards really gave the band its own sound though. Already a signed band which is always a good sign.

Given that the place had just opened, no real difference to the place I would have thought the new owners would have paid more attention to the sound. If the do not address it the place will fail again.

The Screening did an excellent set, it was just a pity the sounding was not quite set right at the beginning. Once that was sorted out they delivered something very professional. This band has the potential to be the next Kasabian, if not bigger. When they played Ten Green Bottles, it seemed everybody knew the track off by heart. Some got carried away and tried to crowd surf. Not the place to do this!

Autohype, the band on before The Screening, had the same sound problems but they pulled through giving an outstanding session. Another local band with loads of potential, but the lead singer had this annoying movement of his hand, which gave the impression he was the Pope blessing the crowd! The girl on keyboards really gave the band its own sound though. Already a signed band which is always a good sign.

Given that the place had just opened, no real difference to the place I would have thought the new owners would have paid more attention to the sound. If the do not address it the place will fail again.

Is it still the same sound guy? If so, he is deaf in one ear which surely can't help.

Some lads tried to crowd surf tonight...it didn't work very well!

Also there seemed to be a couple of scuffles but Jers came back out and told them 'no fighting'.

Don't know who the first lot were, the singer looked like a right chav singing most of the songs with his hood pulled down over his face:icon_roll

The Heroes were on next and I actually knew a couple of their songs YAY! I thought they were alright.

Would've liked to have gone Thursday night but never mind...

BG, if you knew you were going why didn't you text?? I would've bought you a pint!(Well a can of Red Stripe as that seemed to be all they had left!)

Also there seemed to be a couple of scuffles but Jers came back out and told them 'no fighting'.

Don't know who the first lot were, the singer looked like a right chav singing most of the songs with his hood pulled down over his face:icon_roll

The Heroes were on next and I actually knew a couple of their songs YAY! I thought they were alright.

BG, if you knew you were going why didn't you text?? I would've bought you a pint!(Well a can of Red Stripe as that seemed to be all they had left!)

Jersey any good?

shout up when he next plays BF

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47