Trick or treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Marshall

Couple of bad 'eggs' in Maidstone ruining it for the rest (if you'll excuse the pun)

Last year I actually caught some teenagers smashing up the pumpkin outside our door and playing football with it (there were little bits of pumpkin in the street for ages).

When I confronted them they just ran off, which was pretty handy really as it was about 2 am with no one else around and there was about 6 of them and one of me (half cut).

Some of them aren't impressed with sweets - as someone else said, they actually ask for money.

Its a shame because we had some kids round who were between about 3 and 11 (often with their parents standing right with them) and they were adorable and pleased for anything they could get. Perhaps I'm going a bit soft.

I saw quite a few egged cars on my way to work this morning. Its just ridiculous.

My idiot colleague was late to work today though as her husband insisted on washing her Focus ST since someone had egged it. To be fair, I can see why someone would egg their car. I give it 3,000 miles before she burns the clutch out anyway.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Nice in theory - presumably you get the Disney version. Unfortunately it ain't like that round here.

Last year we actually had some small kids round suitably dressed up. When I offered a cake each I got a blank stare back and the response "Nah, you ave to giv us money for fireworks". The same night my father in law, just out of hospital recovering from a heart attack, had his house and car pelted with eggs, mud and god knows what else.

No-one rang our bell last night, but this morning our windows and front door were covered in eggs. Our neighbour's son was assaulted in the street by a gang of dressed up kids - presumably the same ones.

So if you want halloween every week, by all means do. Just let us know your address and we'll put up a notice redirecting the (obviously bored) little sods. Should take them a few days to get to Ireland and back.

None of that has anything to ****ing do with Halloween, that's just little bastards acting like ****s. There are already plenty of laws in place to deal with ****s like that.

Macky

Gruntled Member
'Trick or treat' is about giving kids who are dressed up sweets, nuts and fruit. End of story, nothing more.
There is no ****ing money handed out and there are no 'tricks' played. You've only got yourselves to blame if you've got the festivities wrong.

Lako42

I remember people giving money out when I was really young, although I think they were probably the odd one or two who ate all the sweets themselves the greedy ****ers.

OldGit

'Trick or treat' is about giving kids who are dressed up sweets, nuts and fruit. End of story, nothing more.
There is no ****ing money handed out and there are no 'tricks' played. You've only got yourselves to blame if you've got the festivities wrong.

Thanks for putting me right. I will go and examine my conscience to see where I went wrong.

tedfoxxx

Chop their goolies orf!

Macky

Gruntled Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15551327

Oh dear, someone else brought it on himself by celebrating the wrong festivity.

Brought it on himself? How do you work that out? Very, very poor taste OldGit. That's a man attacked by two horrible little bastards, nothing more, and nothing to do with any festivity.

When somebody's house gets burgled at Christmas and all of their presents are stolen, that has nothing to do with Santa Claus. You understand that don't you?

Macky

Gruntled Member
So how has he got the festivities wrong? He was an elderly man attacked by a gang of thugs

M17TT C

Well he could have answer the door a bit quicker the lazy bastard - no sympathy and got it totally wrong.

Real Sharapova

I'm probably in a minority of one here ( not for the first time ) and I fully get what OG is driving at. And that's before I've been to the pub ( where I'll be in about five minutes ).

SwedeFox

When somebody's house gets burgled at Christmas and all of their presents are stolen, that has nothing to do with Santa Claus. You understand that don't you?
Bit like someone declaring war in the name of God has nothing to do with religion, then?

Last edited:

SwedeFox

Which god are you talking about?
Just generally. I remember someone saying way back when religion was discussed something like "religion makes good people do bad things". I don't agree with that at all, I would say it's a similar situation to the one you described above. I think bad people do bad things and sometimes they use religion as an excuse - just like they sometimes use Halloween as an excuse.

But that's been discussed over and over again in other threads, in fact I will go back and have a nice little read now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669