Speculation Tunchev Gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

4th Official tweeting that Tunchev has left. Not really a surprise if true.

Re: Tunchy Gone.

4th Official tweeting that Tunchev has left. Not really a surprise if true.

Well, if it's been officially tweeted four times it surely must be true?

Stringer confirmed this on the moan in, also gone are Moussa and Pantsil and Howard left last week

Tunchy was becoming a sentimental case, Moussa never really threatened a first team place, Paintsil was not as good as thought he'd be, Howard is past his best.

All makes sense. really.
Be more interesting to see if any first team regulars get their marching orders/sold.

Without wishing to sound like a grumpy bugger, we should probably wait for the club to 'confirm' these departures, rather than take Stringer's word for it.

Without wishing to sound like a grumpy bugger, we should probably wait for the club to 'confirm' these departures, rather than take Stringer's word for it.

Stringer's in the know, he's talks to Nigel

Tunchev can't be gone. What terrible news. He was a Pearson signing and Pearson never makes a bad signing. And he is so much better and tries so much harder than all those mercenaries that Sven brought in.

Tunchev can't be gone. What terrible news. He was a Pearson signing and Pearson never makes a bad signing. And he is so much better and tries so much harder than all those mercenaries that Sven brought in.

But it wasn`t about that with Tunch was it, it was because he could never be the player he was before the injuries. Good luck to the lad.
Moussa, i would have liked to have kept as back-up.
If i remember rightly, Pantsil was signed on a 3 year contract, wonder how much we paid to get rid of him.
If Howard is gone...then thanks and ta-ra

It's been officially tweeted four times man, what more do you want?

It's been officially tweeted four times man, what more do you want?

I won't believe it until there's a dedicated Facebook group, the Daily Mail has printed it and someone has put it on Wikipedia. Then it will be official.

This seems to be a sensible pruning of dead wood: none of these players would appear to have a future, at Leicester. Dare one, tentatively, hope for the rest of the close season transfer activity to be as logical?

This seems to be a sensible pruning of dead wood: none of these players would appear to have a future, at Leicester. Dare one, tentatively, hope for the rest of the close season transfer activity to be as logical?

I know you don't rate Pearson, but the one thing you can expect from him is that he'll get rid of the deadwood in the squad and replace these players with sensible, thought out signings.

I'm looking forward to this transfer window more than last season's - I thought a lot of players that Sven signed would be quality, some turned out to be good signings (Schmeichel, Nugent, Danns, Konchesky, Beckford), some were ok (Peltier, St Ledger) and some were at best ill-judged, at worst awful (Mills, Paintsil, Johnson, Fernandes).

Despite the fact we ended up with a few decent players, the whole approach last summer was completely scattergun in my opinion, I'm looking forward to a return to sanity in our transfer dealings. On the whole, Pearson's signings, for us and when he was at Hull, have been more good than bad. Hopefully he'll bring in some great players under the radar this summer.

Don't forget the homophobic tweeter, Michael Ball, in your 'at worst awful' list indierich!

Last edited:
I know you don't rate Pearson, but the one thing you can expect from him is that he'll get rid of the deadwood in the squad and replace these players with sensible, thought out signings.

I'm looking forward to this transfer window more than last season's - I thought a lot of players that Sven signed would be quality, some turned out to be good signings (Schmeichel, Nugent, Danns, Konchesky, Beckford), some were ok (Peltier, St Ledger) and some were at best ill-judged, at worst awful (Mills, Paintsil, Johnson, Fernandes).

Despite the fact we ended up with a few decent players, the whole approach last summer was completely scattergun in my opinion, I'm looking forward to a return to sanity in our transfer dealings. On the whole, Pearson's signings, for us and when he was at Hull, have been more good than bad. Hopefully he'll bring in some great players under the radar this summer.

I am not worried that the vast majority of you chaps disagree with me as to NP's unsuitability for the job of City manager, what I find scary, is the lack of reality: every signing that Nigel has ever made is wonderful, finishing 9th was a great success, NP turned down the England job because of his love of Leicester.......... ARGHHHHHHHH! :bang::icon_bigg

what I find scary, is the lack of reality: every signing that Nigel has ever made is wonderful, finishing 9th was a great success, NP turned down the England job because of his love of Leicester

Who exactly is all of that directed at? You don't appear to be describing any poster on this forum that I recognise.

Lack of reality, indeed

Last edited:
at worst awful (Mills, Paintsil, Johnson, Fernandes).

Just because Pearson has chosen to disregard these players doesn't mean they were awful signings. I suspect Sven would have used them all. Fernandes, in particular, looked a good player to me.

I'll grant that Johnson seems a waste in hindsight, but I had high hopes for him. Pantsil, for whatever reason, never got a sniff under Pearson. As for Mills....well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669