Tunchev's leg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

Doesn't look good apparantly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A46007985

I have just left the training ground and have been reliably, very reliably, informed that we will not be seeing Tunchev in a city shirt again this season. Sorry to be the bearer of this bad news. As they say, one player doesn't make a team.

Don't know how reliable it is though.

Last edited:
absolute nightmare. Looks like Kisnorbo probably won't be going anywhere now this season and that Morrison might well be getting a few more run outs.

When I heard the news it sounded like a cruciate ligament.

You are screwed if your cruciate goes and can't walk or even get up. If it's your medial ligaments you can limp around.

If that is the case then it will be early next season as the very best scenario. Doubt he will get a proper pre season either which is a bummer.

well if we didnt want to win the game we wouldve rested half of the team wouldnt we??

Its not as if we have that big a Squad to rest that many players

it was one of those freak accidents that can happen in any game - just really unfortunate for both the team and him personally

If true it's bad news, but IMO it's not disasterous. I'll be gutted for Tunchev because he's been a solid player for us this season, but we can't let the negativity of this affect the team. Morrison is more than capable of coming in and doing a good enough job to help the team maintain it's number 1 target - Promotion!

Tunchev has been solid at the back and he will be missed but we have got Morrison and Kisnorbo when fit. This should be adequate cover.

If true it's bad news, but IMO it's not disasterous. I'll be gutted for Tunchev because he's been a solid player for us this season, but we can't let the negativity of this affect the team. Morrison is more than capable of coming in and doing a good enough job to help the team maintain it's number 1 target - Promotion!

But would we not need cover ?

But would we not need cover ?

Sure Berner could play - also Gilbert, Mattock and Powell if we get desperate

He shouldn't have been playing in the first place - was an ideal opportunity for Morrison, who is well short of recent first team experience

We're lucky it wasn't Howard, or we would be well and truly fecked

Gutted about this but I'm happy with Morrison and we shouldn't sell him short. He's a young lad who has comfortably made the step up from the Conference to a top League One side and hasn't once looked out of place.
Sure, he makes the odd mistake and he likes a hoof. But we aren't going to be signing players who are suddenly as good as Terry or Ferdinand when we are in League One.

I agree with Homer that Tunchy Wunchy shouldn't have even been on the pitch last night. Even more so with Howard and Andy King.

I hate to say this and might get lynched for it, but if certain players keep playing week in, week out we could well see a late season slump due to injuries and tired legs. Hopefully we'll be promoted comfortably by then.

We should have been playing our ressies in all cup competitions this year.

Glum Glum news.

NP is allowed to make the odd mistake but he really should have rested Tunchev yesterday. Bad luck though.

Having spent a fair bit of time on crutches from football injuries I feel for the lad. Doing knee ligaments means your completely fecked for a while.

Really harsh on us that, why couldn't it have been Edworthy?

Morrison though I think is a cracking prospect. Time for him to shine?

Have to think about the level of experience in the back 5 now.

Don't think they run with Martin, Gilbert, Hobbs, Morrison & Mattock.

Not sure Berner is the right one to lead the rest, so I think we need to consider playing either Powell or Edworthy until Kisnorbo is fit.

Suppose one option is to consistently bring say Powell off the subs bench for the last 20 mins to see games out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669