U21 Euros 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedeFox

I guess it's time to start this one as England are playing Finland right now.

1-1 half time, Mancienne sent off after half an hour and Finland scored the penalty. Cattermole scored for England.

Last edited:
FT - Finland 1-2 England.

England were crap lucky to win. Bad time to play Finland though right at the start, will need to improve against Germany and Spain.

Surely it was a good time to play Finland then, if we'd played badly against a good team we might not have won.

Yeah, but playing Finland any other time would of been much easier, as they are host (well pretty much) they were really up for the first game, now thats out the way and the novelty has worn off they may not be as good.

Yeah, but playing Finland any other time would of been much easier, as they are host (well pretty much) they were really up for the first game, now thats out the way and the novelty has worn off they may not be as good.

Or not at all.

The first game in any tournement is always tricky where a lot seem to end in draws. However I would much prefer to play a weaker side than two of the best teams in the competition first and get a bit of confidence and settle down.

Sweden won 5-1 against a weak Belarus today, here's the last goal by Gustaf Svensson:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJyhsGbnlPc[/YOUTUBE]

According to a Swedish newspaper, these were the clubs that had scouts at Sweden v Belarus (and presumably the other games too):

Aalborg, Ajax, AZ Alkmaar,
Anderlecht, Arminia Bielefeld, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Barcelona, Blackburn, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern München, Birmingham, Bochum, Bolton, Borussia Dortmund, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Catania, Celtic, Chelsea, Esbjerg, Everton,
Feyenoord, Fulham, Genoa, Groningen, Hamburg, Hannover 96, Heerenveen, Hertha Berlin, Hull, Inter, Ipswich, FC Köpenhamn, Köln, Lech Poznan, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Nürnberg, Olympic Lyon, Porto, PSV Eindhoven, Glasgow Rangers, Rosenborg, Real Madrid, Salzburg, Schalke 04, Sion, Stoke, Spartak Moskva, Stuttgart, Sunderland, Tottenham, Udinese, Valencia, Werder Bremen, West Bromwich, Wolfsburg, Zenit S:t Petersburg.

Probably tough to outbid all these clubs but we did it with Kaebi, didn't we...

England have Spain tonight we are going to get destroyed if we play like we did against Finland.

I'm impressed, I think England could go all the way.

Spain would walk this tournament if they had all their players available, but that's another question...

Game on tonight chaps, wish I could watch it but I have to play with my own team...

I'll go for 2-1 England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570