ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.

abigfox

to all ultras we have been given the green light to start the group from the club and this saterday against covscum we hoping that everyone that is interested in creating a decent atmosphere will sit in n1 next to the family stand.

What is an 'Ultra'? Some kind of 'firm'?

What is an 'Ultra'? Some kind of 'firm'?

It seems to me that 'Ultras' can be characterised as follows:

• Never stop singing and chanting
  • Never sit down
  • Follow their team home and away
  • Are 'loyal' to their particular to their particular area of the ground

Most of these things are entirely creditable, although I do wonder about the 'never sitting down' in the current climate of the game - N.B. the Club have no authority to let people remain standing.

It's a pity that so many Ultra-groups become known more for hooliganism and violence. And I have got to say that I wonder what the Police will think about having vociferous/'lively' supporters on both signs of the away fans. Could I ask abigfox whether there has been any discussion with the Police over this?

Quote from Wikipedia

The Ultras movement, or simply Ultras, is the name given to organized supporters' groups for sports teams, mostly European and South American supporters of football (soccer) teams. This fan sub-group appeared in Italy during the late 1960s when football teams reduced ticket prices on certain areas of the stadiums. Not to be confused with the British football firm and Casual cultures, although some of their supporting style is imitated. Although violent acts might occur, hooligan acts are more the exception than the norm.

Almost every team in Sweden has an Ultrasgroup, and they are known to contribute to the sfeere.

Last edited:
atleast some ones making an effort because they are not satisfied with the bollocks the rest of our fans serve up. luton was awfull.

And for those who say it will never happen, have a look at some fans with the correct attitude and the fun to be had

http://www.redultras.net

I'd rather have a quite, but genuine fan next to me whom I can talk to about the happenings on the pitch, than a loud "fan" that's only there for the carnival

I'd rather have a quite, but genuine fan next to me whom I can talk to about the happenings on the pitch, than a loud "fan" that's only there for the carnival

dont sit in the ultra section then, not difficult.

it's not really a good reason for one not to exist, and im sure they wont stop trying to get some atmosphere back into the walkers just because you want to have a chat.

Last edited:

it's not really a good reason for one not to exist, and im sure they wont stop trying to get some atmosphere back into the walkers just because you want to have a chat.
I'm assuming you're misunderstanding me because you want to.

The only atmosphere worth having is the one that generates itself. We'll end up like that pretend greasy shite the BG attends holding fire crackers in the air and blowing trumpets.

Bring back real football, with real values, and then the real fans will return. Football is now manufactured, and apparently so is the new breed of fan.

Failing that they could try evolking some passsion on the field and it might come across to the crowd:102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670