ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Music after goals
A potential groundshare
A new fangled post horn gallop
Match day tickets that are too expensive
A West Stand that will never be full even if we do well because it's criminally even more expensive
Birch's 'I say the first name, you shout the surname' nonsense (which should have been dicthed after it's first cringeworthy outing)
A stadium full of disinterested under 8's, contributing zero cash
Regulars no longer coming after years of support because they're fed up of being surrounded by afforementioned under 8's, and being told to sit down and/or shut up by stewards because they're upsetting some old lady
A minimum 3 match ban for anyone not wanting to comply with the above
A giant advert being enthusiastically passed around the Kop end before games
The minimum away ticket allocation at Highbury, and claims that it was because we didn't sell the away tickets for the game at Liverpool, which was a lie Tony Blair would be proud of
Ridiculously low buy-out clauses e.g. Dickov, Thatcher, Scimeca
One of the highest Agent Fees payments in the division
That idiotic new(ish) PA announcer
Sponsored PA announcements
Crowds devoid of hardly any 12 - 25 year olds because they're completely priced out of going
The away fans as far away as possible from the Kop End, without any suggestion of rectifying this by preferably moving the away fans to the other end of the East Stand, or swapping the North and South stands, or moving the away fans behind the goal a bit more and leaving the away corner for the old SK1 crowd
Service and food choice at kiosks that is nowhere near as good as Filbert St
One year kit deals
The Pepsi Max pre-season extravaganza
120th anniversary merchandise (with the help of Mr mace I believe)
The words Leicester City Football Club not being written prominently inside the stadium, whereas Walkers is everywhere
Appalling marketing slogons
An official website that never tells us anything useful
An average wait of about 45 mins to get through to the ticket office by telephone
Last but not least, a useless team and a club that are so skint that we've had to flog four players in the last couple of weeks to keep it in business.

...and he's done all this for a mere £200,000 a year. We're lucky to have such a loyal and astute guy running the club.

As posted by somebody on the Fox Msg Boards about TNBD. This why the club doesnt deserve support or your money. If this organisation symbolised anything like an 'Ultra' Group. They would have been called for the board to be out and they would be at the training ground tomorrow stopping the players from getting there and then abusing the feckers.

true but maybe only now that is begining to happen. id rather it happen now than never. And to be fair that area should have been the KOP but the influx of families with small children has killed that.
Agreed. The free tickets for under 8s in the kop was a bad move. I know Newts appreciates it because he can take his kids in there, but in general it wasn't good.

Also, the family stand rules didn't change to allow non families in there, it is fare to say that the family stand mentality will just be spreading further around the ground.

Last edited:
Music after goals
A potential groundshare
A West Stand that will never be full even if we do well because it's criminally even more expensive
Birch's 'I say the first name, you shout the surname' nonsense (which should have been dicthed after it's first cringeworthy outing)
Regulars no longer coming after years of support because they're fed up of being surrounded by afforementioned under 8's, and being told to sit down and/or shut up by stewards because they're upsetting some old lady
The minimum away ticket allocation at Highbury, and claims that it was because we didn't sell the away tickets for the game at Liverpool, which was a lie Tony Blair would be proud of
Crowds devoid of hardly any 12 - 25 year olds because they're completely priced out of going
The away fans as far away as possible from the Kop End, without any suggestion of rectifying this by preferably moving the away fans to the other end of the East Stand, or swapping the North and South stands, or moving the away fans behind the goal a bit more and leaving the away corner for the old SK1 crowd
One year kit deals
The words Leicester City Football Club not being written prominently inside the stadium, whereas Walkers is everywhere
An average wait of about 45 mins to get through to the ticket office by telephone
Last but not least, a useless team and a club that are so skint that we've had to flog four players in the last couple of weeks to keep it in business.

...and he's done all this for a mere £200,000 a year. We're lucky to have such a loyal and astute guy running the club.

As posted by somebody on the Fox Msg Boards about TNBD. This why the club doesnt deserve support or your money. If this organisation symbolised anything like an 'Ultra' Group. They would have been called for the board to be out and they would be at the training ground tomorrow stopping the players from getting there and then abusing the feckers.

and we wander why we have a shit home atmosphere :102:

but atleast we're a family club.

Music after goals
A potential groundshare
One year kit deals

somebody should send and email/letter of the above to the club and see there response. Lazio ultras are megga pissed off with there chairman and every game theres a banner which says so, but they still give it there all.

:icon_lol: I only spend five figures if you include one of the pennies columns! My best guess would be that it costs me around £3,500 - £4,000 per season.

It was journalist exaggerated spin to make point sounded a lot more valid.

I can see the idea of what these guys are trying to do but calling it an 'Ultra' group is silly for starters and in many ways alienates any prospective fan who wants to create an atmosphere like myself. If you ask me someone who counts themselves as a true footie fan, I see Ultras as glorified hooligans whose type have put halt the Italian League. I can see their 'area' being next to the away fans as a indicator of this.

I believe their aims are unrealistic and unfounded. The idea is in the right place but so far very badly done. As Melton's said its a shame nothing like this has to been un-natural (in terms of football support).

I can see the idea of what these guys are trying to do but calling it an 'Ultra' group is silly for starters and in many ways alienates any prospective fan who wants to create an atmosphere like myself. If you ask me someone who counts themselves as a true footie fan, I see Ultras as glorified hooligans whose type have put halt the Italian League. I can see their 'area' being next to the away fans as a indicator of this.

I believe their aims are unrealistic and unfounded. The idea is in the right place but so far very badly done. As Melton's said its a shame nothing like this has to been un-natural (in terms of football support).

but you have just said yourslef above that NOT moving the away fans next to the KOP is a bad thing. so why would having these guys next to the away fans be bad and signify hooliganism. i personally dont care where its situated but atmosphere is always better when in banter reach of oppostition.

Last edited:
but you have just said yourslef above that NOT moving the away fans next to the KOP is a bad thing. so why would having these guys next to the away fans be bad and signify hooliganism. i personally dont care where its situated but atmosphere is always better when in banter reach of oppostition.

Yes I give you that but for this group to be the 'real thing' they shouldnt need the area to be next to the away fans. After, the Italians have their area, normally a curve behind a massive running track and they are not near the away fans normally on the opposite side took away in the corner.

If you think about it in reality, with our current stadium its not feasible having a KOP next to the away fans because the stadium is built in one. On grounds where the stadium is divided into stands, there is normally different entrances for either support and normally a small 'space' dividing the fans. A banner and 15 stewards aint the best security and nearly the probelm was exposed when Leeds nearly broke through on that Sunday afternoon game.

The only time I've seen kids anywhere near that young in my partof the ground was when they were doing dead cheap seats for the Barnsley match. Be interested to know how many kids season tickets there are in non family parts of the ground.

The latest stats show us having one of the lowest in the division.

The food at Filbert Street was crap!

Can't believe the average wait is anything like that long. Usually when I ring them they answer quickly.

Music after goals
A potential groundshare
One year kit deals

top post :038: :038:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can I just say the post is not by myself but someone who posts on the Fox Msg board. Homer put it up a few days ago but it went un-noticed. So I am no position to credit or defend what was put up.

I cannot believe people are actually against the idea of the Ultras group. They are the ones that have decided to get together and do something about the lack of atmosphere at the ground instead of just moaning about how crap it is, and how good it was 'back in the day'.

They are the ones that are trying to bring the atmosphere back to what it used to be like and should be fully supported by every fan that has been to the Walkers and come home moaning how it was like a library.

Fair enough, the people behind it may have not gone about it in the best possible way as it seems to be receiving a fair amount of criticism, but if you are criticising it, then why not you suggest how it could be improved to open its barriers to allow it to open to a more diverse group of fans.
That is unless the reason you are against the idea of an Ultra group or a singing section of the ground (which most teams have now) is because you are totally satisfied with the current atmosphere in the ground??

People moan about something - something is then done about what everyone has been moaning about - but still some people are just not satisfied and continue to moan about it. Typical Leicester 'fans'. Not real fans!

Last edited:
:icon_lol: I only spend five figures if you include one of the pennies columns! My best guess would be that it costs me around £3,500 - £4,000 per season.

:icon_lol: Hazz!! I've never imagined you as a spinning journalist, exaggerating or otherwise!

But FFS don't let her-indoors think I'm spending over £10k on football. I have convinced her that it's less then £2k and even the truth would get me into a lot of bother!

I cannot believe people are actually against the idea of the Ultras group.
[...]
Fair enough, the people behind it may have not gone about it in the best possible way as it seems to be receiving a fair amount of criticism, but if you are criticising it, then why not you suggest how it could be improved ...

Has anybody actually said that they are against the group? It seems to me that some doubt whether the idea will work but that's not the same as being against it. Personally I think that anything that may improve the atmosphere has got to be worth a try and I wish the instigators good luck with their venture. That doesn't go, however, as far as feeling that they should be allowed to act in a way that contravenes the good-sense rules that now govern conduct at football grounds

You suggest that rather than criticising, people should make suggestions for improvement of the idea/concept. I would have thought that in most cases of criticism, it would be quite easy to work out what would be necessary for the point to be improved. e.g. the name 'ultra' has connotations with violence - therefore call it something else!

Best of luck to them - but please keep the drum away from me.
:icon_wink

This all sounds right up hubby's street. However, he's in L1. He used to go in the Kop, but thought that those in L1 seemed to be having a better time so moved. Guess what he thinks now :icon_roll . I guess the grass is always greener. He's the gobshite who starts the songs in L1 with very few joining in. He usually spends most of the match singing on his own - a bit sad if you ask me.
Just looked at the ultras website but don't fancy posting all my details for the world and his wife to see. Surely some leaflets would be a better way of getting this up and running :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669