ultras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody actually said that they are against the group? It seems to me that some doubt whether the idea will work but that's not the same as being against it. Personally I think that anything that may improve the atmosphere has got to be worth a try and I wish the instigators good luck with their venture. That doesn't go, however, as far as feeling that they should be allowed to act in a way that contravenes the good-sense rules that now govern conduct at football grounds

You suggest that rather than criticising, people should make suggestions for improvement of the idea/concept. I would have thought that in most cases of criticism, it would be quite easy to work out what would be necessary for the point to be improved. e.g. the name 'ultra' has connotations with violence - therefore call it something else!

Best of luck to them - but please keep the drum away from me.
:icon_wink

The whole point of the Ultras is to create an atmosphere. They are in no-way there to cause trouble, they do not condone or want any of it or anyone that is intent on causing trouble to be a part of the Ultras.

Yes, from criticising something it is easy to work out what would be necessary for the point to be improved, but without suggesting what should be changed or how it should be changed can be seen as being against it and not willing to offer their input.

I am with you on the drum bit! :icon_lol:

Last edited:
i wasnt really making one, hazz was saying how pissed off you are with it. i was just saying that you choose to go.

Nor was I suggesting that the club makes me do it?

I do wonder though whether I do choose to go? Or am I addicted?

Last edited:
Nor was I suggesting that the club makes me do it?

I do wonder though whether I do choose to go? Or am I addicted?

addicted to the worst drug ever created, one that makes you depressed even when on a high.

When the word Ultrá first came out it was political to the right, but theese days you could almost say that its completely neutral. Ultras are known to contribute to the atmosphere by singing, dancing and with flags and tifos. An ultrágroup does not have to have drums, the probably biggest ultragroup in the world, Irriducibili (Lazio) doesnt use drums. An Ultragroup wants to be free-standing so it can criticise the club and the board members more easily. Because of possible pressure from the club.

We need to give this group of people who really wants to bring back the old Filbert atmosphere a chance. If I was'nt snowed in up here in the north of Sweden I surely would have joined them!

the club are going to start marketing this Ultras (n1 block) today on the OS, or so i've heard.

i think its a good idea as the people who want to create an atmosphere are being directed to do so in n1 block.

i was in f1 on saturday and only 10 of us singing, with a few empty seats between those 10. if they can fill n1 block and get 500 singing fans it should spread the atmosphere over to l1 and then back to the kop. but the kop is full of kids, on my departure on saturday i heard 1 young lad asking his dad who won. not a problem as he probably cant read the scoreboard or something but surely this means he paid no attention to the game what so ever?

ill give n1 block a go for the cov game and i hope others do, especially when it is publicly advertised as of today (hopefully).

As I have said, the idea is great but in the wrong frame of mind. For starters, I suggest a change of name.

It's alright saying the kop is full of kids but any 'signing section' like this is going to attract the kids. Any hint of excitement gets them going.

I have seen signing sections work at grounds I have been and it included a drum but it oftens needs a catalyst on the pitch before it gets going. You have the initial first 5 minutes and it goes quiet. It's a probelm at most all-seater stadiums.

Last edited:
the club are going to start marketing this Ultras (n1 block) today on the OS, or so i've heard.

i think its a good idea as the people who want to create an atmosphere are being directed to do so in n1 block.

i was in f1 on saturday and only 10 of us singing, with a few empty seats between those 10. if they can fill n1 block and get 500 singing fans it should spread the atmosphere over to l1 and then back to the kop. but the kop is full of kids, on my departure on saturday i heard 1 young lad asking his dad who won. not a problem as he probably cant read the scoreboard or something but surely this means he paid no attention to the game what so ever?

ill give n1 block a go for the cov game and i hope others do, especially when it is publicly advertised as of today (hopefully).

I have heard the same about the OS and the club have given it thier backing, I think that it is a great idea, but like most have said not sure about the 'Ultras' tag.
The Kop was the Kop because of being next to the away fans and having the banter, IMO they should swap the north and south stands, name sections like they did at Filbo (SK1, 2.....) and straight way people know what sort of atmos they are going to get depending on which section they sit in.

It's alright saying the kop is full of kids but any 'signing section' like this is going to attract the kids. Any hint of excitement gets them going.

I have seen signing sections work at grounds I have been and it included a drum but it oftens needs a catalyst on the pitch before it gets going. You have the initial first 5 minutes and it goes quiet. It's a probelm at most all-seater stadiums.

I still can't see how getting in a load of speech and hearing-impaired people in is going to help the atmosphere.

It's yet another pile of shite gimmick

Just like the 'Henry's band' idea
Just like handing out song sheets
Just like the feckin' music played up to kick off (thankfully absent on Saturday)
Just the cock of a PA announcer
Just like Birchenall reading out the player's names (again now acknowledged as a failure)

Just try putting a team on the pitch that isn't a passionless, dispirited load of old cack and you'll get a decent atmosphere in that place. I guarantee it

I suspect the fans are desperate for something to sing about - but right now this team, and it's clown of a manager, inspire nothing but apathy and disinterest

Just like the feckin' music played up to kick off (thankfully absent on Saturday)
Just like Birchenall reading out the player's names (again now acknowledged as a failure)

Just try putting a team on the pitch that isn't a passionless, dispirited load of old cack and you'll get a decent atmosphere in that place. I guarantee it

I suspect the fans are desperate for something to sing about - but right now this team, and it's clown of a manager, inspire nothing but apathy and disinterest

Don't forget the new "jazzed up" post horn callop can't feckin stand that bring back the old one!

Music after goals
A potential groundshare
A new fangled post horn gallop
Match day tickets that are too expensive
A West Stand that will never be full even if we do well because it's criminally even more expensive
Birch's 'I say the first name, you shout the surname' nonsense (which should have been dicthed after it's first cringeworthy outing)
A stadium full of disinterested under 8's, contributing zero cash
Regulars no longer coming after years of support because they're fed up of being surrounded by afforementioned under 8's, and being told to sit down and/or shut up by stewards because they're upsetting some old lady
A minimum 3 match ban for anyone not wanting to comply with the above
A giant advert being enthusiastically passed around the Kop end before games
The minimum away ticket allocation at Highbury, and claims that it was because we didn't sell the away tickets for the game at Liverpool, which was a lie Tony Blair would be proud of
Ridiculously low buy-out clauses e.g. Dickov, Thatcher, Scimeca
One of the highest Agent Fees payments in the division
That idiotic new(ish) PA announcer
Sponsored PA announcements
Crowds devoid of hardly any 12 - 25 year olds because they're completely priced out of going
The away fans as far away as possible from the Kop End, without any suggestion of rectifying this by preferably moving the away fans to the other end of the East Stand, or swapping the North and South stands, or moving the away fans behind the goal a bit more and leaving the away corner for the old SK1 crowd
Service and food choice at kiosks that is nowhere near as good as Filbert St
One year kit deals
The Pepsi Max pre-season extravaganza
120th anniversary merchandise (with the help of Mr mace I believe)
The words Leicester City Football Club not being written prominently inside the stadium, whereas Walkers is everywhere
Appalling marketing slogons
An official website that never tells us anything useful
An average wait of about 45 mins to get through to the ticket office by telephone
Last but not least, a useless team and a club that are so skint that we've had to flog four players in the last couple of weeks to keep it in business.

...and he's done all this for a mere £200,000 a year. We're lucky to have such a loyal and astute guy running the club.

As posted by somebody on the Fox Msg Boards about TNBD. This why the club doesnt deserve support or your money. If this organisation symbolised anything like an 'Ultra' Group. They would have been called for the board to be out and they would be at the training ground tomorrow stopping the players from getting there and then abusing the feckers.

Best post ever written IMHO !!!!!

Signed

2 Posts in 5 minutes - OMG !!

Don't agree with this. Atmosphere has always been crap at the Walkers. Even the promotion season was bloody awful.

It may be a bit niaive of me, but when we do sing, why the feck do we have to sing about Nottingham. Yes we know we all hate forest etc etc, but why do we have to sing about it every week? I'm sure the visiting fans must wonder what the hell we're on about and I think all it does it make us look foolish, there we are one nill up and all they can hear is Nottingham this and forest something else.

Let's just try singing about our team and more people might just join in.

It may be a bit niaive of me, but when we do sing, why the feck do we have to sing about Nottingham.

Cause he's full of shit!

How's the diet going, Chris?

Cause he's full of shit!

How's the diet going, Chris?

Very well thanks Bob, yours ??

I have hit the 1 stone mark today ... 4 more to go

Trimming down nicely for our away day together in Burnely :007: :007:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615