Unsung heros

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's already been mentioned but I agree Theo Zagorakis.

I think he's already been mentioned but I agree Theo Zagorakis.

Why :102:

It was his fault we lost the Worthington Cup to Tottenham.

And Mrs Spion fancied him which made me hate him even more :081:

Last edited:
Why :102:

It was his fault we lost the Worthington Cup to Tottenham.

And Mrs Spion fancied him which made me hate him even more :081:

Sorry Spion, if I'd known about your missus I would've picked Lilian Nalis, oh hang on, no I wouldn't, my ex fancied him ... :icon_conf

Sorry Spion, if I'd known about your missus I would've picked Lilian Nalis, oh hang on, no I wouldn't, my ex fancied him ... :icon_conf

So did I. That luxurious hair......... :055:

What about Willie Carlin and Bobby Kellard....

I was thinking that two guys like these are just what the club needs now.... fantastic grafters and totaly committed to win for the club...

i live in hope...

.....:icon_conf

Very true.

But other classic unsung heroes - Derek Hines (created loads of chances for Arthur Rowley) and Willie Gardiner (outscored Rowley for one season).

And just to indulge myself as a supreme know-all......two names mentioned in this thread as "Unsung heroes"....Mike Stringfellow and Jimmy Melrose.

No Way!!!

Both were heroes and cult figures: anyone following the club in the 60's and early 70's would know that one of our main anthems was "You've not seen nothing like the Mighty String". Fine unorthodox winger - who sometimes when needs must - also led the attack as a centre forward. 'Mike & the Midgets' anyone else that phase of the Gillies regime when Stringy was the only forward tall enough to head a ball - except when Davie Gibson jumped onto someones shoulders?".

As for Jimmy Melrose - classic cult hero category. Few City players have been so popular in such short stays at the club which was why Gordon Milne was so unpopular because of his sale to Cov.

Back to Christmas now!

I know I'll get pelters for this but I always liked Dennis Wise. I think he was justified in belting Davidson and if we had a few more players with his spirit and committment we would never have descended to the level we did.

I know I'll get pelters for this but I always liked Dennis Wise. I think he was justified in belting Davidson and if we had a few more players with his spirit and committment we would never have descended to the level we did.

:090:

You are joking, right?

An interesting point of view that will have precious little traction on this forum. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

And should we have paid the £2 million compensation he wanted?:102:

I couldn't agree more Realist, spot on.

Hitler, West, Shipman and Manson have all been dealt with unfairly too. I was also petitioning for the release of Brady and Hindley in the seventies. It seems to me that some people are judged and punished harshly, little Den is just one of those cases.

Free Ian Huntley

I'm serious. I liked Wisey before he joined us so I may be a bit biased. Davidson gave it the big-un, so Wisey clumped him. Micky adams didn't want Wise sacked, and he would have been privvy to the real goings on behind the scenes, not the rumours that came out at the time, and with that in mind I think we should have paid Wise the £2million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669