US Election Result . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real power still rests with congress and the senate both of which aren't great friends with Trump. If anything happens to him that's when things could get even more scary for the average American, Pence is a very conservative christian who like Ted Cruz puts his god above everything else.

The real power still rests with congress and the senate both of which aren't great friends with Trump. If anything happens to him that's when things could get even more scary for the average American, Pence is a very conservative christian who like Ted Cruz puts his god above everything else.
Aren't both the Senate and congress republican? They may not love him but they put him there and won't want to lose face by bot backing him.

Aren't both the Senate and congress republican? They may not love him but they put him there and won't want to lose face by bot backing him.

The people and the system put him where he is now.

Let's wait and see before we judge shall we?

The people and the system put him where he is now.

Let's wait and see before we judge shall we?
Why? I don't need to see how he performs as president to know that he is lying, scheming, misogynistic, sexual predator/wotsit.

Congress and the Senate didn't want him, he was not the choice of the grandees in the Republican Party. If he goes ahead with his anti-globalisation plans he will be at loggerheads with many in both houses.

Why? I don't need to see how he performs as president to know that he is lying, scheming, misogynistic, sexual predator/wotsit.

Maybe you don't, but I'm guessing you're not american. He was freely elected and I'm talking about judging what he does for the U.S. not what he does in his private life or even for us.

BTW I'm pretty sure he's not the first "lying, scheming, misogynistic, sexual predator/wotsit" president of the US let alone leader of a country.

Congress and the Senate didn't want him, he was not the choice of the grandees in the Republican Party. If he goes ahead with his anti-globalisation plans he will be at loggerheads with many in both houses.

And then the system can be further questioned.

Maybe you don't, but I'm guessing you're not american. He was freely elected and I'm talking about judging what he does for the U.S. not what he does in his private life or even for us.

BTW I'm pretty sure he's not the first "lying, scheming, misogynistic, sexual predator/wotsit" president of the US let alone leader of a country.
I don't care what he does for the US, I care what type of person he is. That's also important to some people.

I don't care what he does for the US, I care what type of person he is. That's also important to some people.

Ah okay. I misunderstood.

Ah okay. I misunderstood.
The main problem with it all is that by electing him they've normalised his behaviour. I can't remember ame elected western leader in my time who was so blatant with his lies (or apparently alternate facts) and continued to get away with it. He is a sexual predator. So was Clinton and more should have been done about that. By electing Trump they've made "grab them by the pussy" an acceptable thing to do. They've made his anti-immigrant and racist rhetoric acceptable.

I know a few Americans who voted for him and their attitude was "I don't like what he did but I like what he says he'll do." I don't think you can separate the two. By voting for him (or Farrage or any of the others) you vote in support of their weaknesses too.

The main problem with it all is that by electing him they've normalised his behaviour. I can't remember ame elected western leader in my time who was so blatant with his lies (or apparently alternate facts) and continued to get away with it. He is a sexual predator. So was Clinton and more should have been done about that. By electing Trump they've made "grab them by the pussy" an acceptable thing to do. They've made his anti-immigrant and racist rhetoric acceptable.

I know a few Americans who voted for him and their attitude was "I don't like what he did but I like what he says he'll do." I don't think you can separate the two. By voting for him (or Farrage or any of the others) you vote in support of their weaknesses too.

I don't disagree but the people voted for him, it's really not our business. We have to accept the fact he's president and work with him for our own best interests.

Good or bad I feel it's great for democracy.

I look at the American style preliminaries going on here in France and shudder.

650.jpg

I am all for Mike Pence. It may be that Trump will be impeached over the Russia connection. For this to succeed it will need the support of large numbers of Republicans. They will not want to replace Trump by a liberal.
As a conservative Christian Mike Pence is more in tune with the Republican congress than Trump. I do not find Pence scary; American Christians have an admirable ability to make up their mind and then decide that God agrees with them. For Dawkin's sake come on Mike and take over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669