US Election Result . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics or gtfo.

It had been taken down when I went back...so I googled "clowns wanking in a bucket" & this was one of the results.

I'm not kidding either. Try it & see. One of the other image results was Boris Johnson which is of course equally accurate but less relevant to a football forum.

Screen-Shot-2016-04-18-at-22.08.41-400x193.png

Full disclosure: I had hoped that Clinton would win and felt that Trump was an appalling character and candidate.
Some thoughts that are intended to provoke. However, as always when trying to provoke they are my genuine thoughts.

Blaarev quotes the predictions of a historian. I would say that historians are no better at predicting events than anybody else; they try and explain events after they have happened. Decades after the event they may even understand those events. .

The result was fair. Both sides accepted the electoral college system. This is intended to make the President represent a wide spread of the country. In reality voters in "swing states" have special importance just as voters in marginal constituencies do here.

The whole election campaign has re-affirmed my opinion that a parliamentary system is preferable to a Presidential one. Under a parliamentary system Paul Ryan would be Prime Minister of a Republican government.

The students demonstrating in cities like New York are playing the Republican game. They may get sympathy from committed Democrats They will come over as spoiled brats to Republicans. Most importantly they will put off the large number of people who will say the election is over give the new President a chance.

The jobs that have been lost to China and Mexico have led to hurt and fear among blue collar workers in "the rust belt" This seems beyond the comprehension of the middle class students demonstrating in cities like New York.

Comparisons with Brexit are much exaggerated. Referendums are about long term constitutional matters where rightly or wrongly Parliament decides the matter should go to the people rather than a five year parliament. Whether the European Union is good or bad there is no comparable institution in the USA. . In America they were choosing a government in a process that happens every four years in the same way we have General Elections.

Thomas Jefferson pushed for "a separation of powers". This means that the American constitution limits the power of the President. The aim was to avoid "a towering figure" in the White House. We will see how well that works.

If anybody has actually read to the end they deserve a light note:
The British are sane because they drink tea
Europeans are mad because they drink strong coffee.
Americans drink coffee but they have it so weak that they only go mad once every four years.

Under a parliamentary system Paul Ryan would be Prime Minister of a Republican government.

Under a parliamentary system we have no way of knowing who would be prime minister, the election would have been completely different. Maybe it would have been decided on policies rather than name calling and lies.

Under a parliamentary system we have no way of knowing who would be prime minister, the election would have been completely different. Maybe it would have been decided on policies rather than name calling and lies.

I mentioned Paul Ryan as he leads the largest party in the Senate. However, you are right that a different system might well have a different outcome.

Brexit and the POTUS charade simply confirmed to me that party politics is bullshit, politicians and celebrities should be barred from running and voters are (for the most part) to ****ing stupid to comprehend issues and make logical decisions.

Trump - 6/10
Hiliary - inbox/10
Ron Jeremy - 10"
Farage - 5.2%
Gove - [tba]
May - North by north east, softening by 2017
Mawsley - I ****ing hate the world

With US politics, for me it always comes down to asking why the right wing is red and the left wing blue - the opposite to us.

It's a bit like Walkers using blue for Cheese and Onion and all the others using green.

Bizarre.

Brexit and the POTUS charade simply confirmed to me that party politics is bullshit, politicians and celebrities should be barred from running and voters are (for the most part) to ****ing stupid to comprehend issues and make logical decisions.

Trump - 6/10
Hiliary - inbox/10
Ron Jeremy - 10"
Farage - 5.2%
Gove - [tba]

Agree with much of that but Farage played a blinder and deserves more than 5.2%.

I think Trump has nominated him for British PM in his government.

Wait until the nightmare that is Kanye West joins in.
Don't matter none now, Cate. We're now entering post-politics politics. It is more important for someone who be able to foxtrot their policies to the public than speak with conviction, honesty and authority.

Let's just be done with it, let's just vote for our favourite celebrities. Life is Black Mirror, Black Mirror is biting cynicism, biting cynicism is a Top 10 of "You won't believe what she did next" lists.

President Kanye of the UK? Sure, why the **** not. Makes as much sense as any other **** currently spouting bollocks in Parliament.

I'm declaring myself an independent state.

Don't matter none now, Cate. We're now entering post-politics politics. It is more important for someone who be able to foxtrot their policies to the public than speak with conviction, honesty and authority.

Let's just be done with it, let's just vote for our favourite celebrities. Life is Black Mirror, Black Mirror is biting cynicism, biting cynicism is a Top 10 of "You won't believe what she did next" lists.

President Kanye of the UK? Sure, why the **** not. Makes as much sense as any other **** currently spouting bollocks in Parliament.

I'm declaring myself an independent state.
Will you win the election in your independent state, though? That remains to be seen.

Will you win the election in your independent state, though? That remains to be seen.
I have no faith in voters, they have been told who to vote for. And the votes will be lost.

All hail me, the greatest benevolent dictator the Independent Republic of Mawsley has ever known.

I have no faith in voters, they have been told who to vote for. And the votes will be lost.

All hail me, the greatest benevolent dictator the Independent Republic of Mawsley has ever known.
So far! Wait until after the revolution.

Will be repressed with merciless indignation.

Or, if it's online, I shall ignore FIF's posts.

1.5/10 ignoring FIF's post would make him cease to exist.

Trump - 6/10
Hiliary - inbox/10
Ron Jeremy - 10"
Farage - 5.2%
Gove - [tba]

I had to google Ron Jeremy. I'm shocked. Or perhaps I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669