Vaccine Passport to be required to attend matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On TV yesterday I was amazed by the large number of empty seats. I was one of several thousand season ticket holders not there, in small part because of Omigod variant but I still intend to go on Thursday.

I reckon the actual attendance was around 26,000

It'll be one rule for Man Utd and another for clubs like ours, that's for sure.

Manchester United are in discussions with the Premier League over whether it is "safe" for Tuesday's game at Brentford to go ahead after a Covid-19 outbreak at the Old Trafford club.

Positive cases have been confirmed by PCR tests and operations at their Carrington training ground have been shut down for 24 hours.
The club is concerned about infection risk and disruption to preparations.

And the team will not travel until a decision has been made with the league.

United said they were talking to the Premier League "given cancellation of training and disruption to the squad, and with the health of players and staff the priority".

So, we have no idea whether the game goes ahead on Thursday or not.

Both sides have numerous players missing but we're not allowed to know who/why.

Outbreaks occurring in several other clubs.

Meanwhile, the new variant is taking hold so fast, and many supporters are not wanting to go to matches.

I think football is fecked. It will all be stopped by the end of the month.

Last time we won a home match 4-0 it took more than a year before we got back to the KP. It won't be the same this time, but serious disruption is coming.

Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly expecting a third successive match to be postponed due to the outbreak of coronavirus within their squad

Are we waiting for it to be confirmed before starting the pre match thread?

Will be half empty and loads of problems with people turning up without things

I might just **** it off tbh. Based on the timeframes for isolation etc get Covid now and you aren't having a Christmas

I might just **** it off tbh. Based on the timeframes for isolation etc get Covid now and you aren't having a Christmas
It should be one of the safest games to go too, so far this season

You’d only sit their moaning anyway

Stay at home, and give an early Christmas present to all of those poor bastards who have to sit near you

I will say this. If anyone is feeling squeamish and wants to/can transfer tickets over I’m definitely in the market for the Liverpool match on the 28th

Masks are required now when moving around inside the stadium.

It appears as though only Man Utd are allowed to postpone matches when they feel like it.

Based on this, game is on tomorrow.

Wow. Cancelled less than 3 hours before kickoff. Shocking disregard for supporters.

Maybe they only just got their test result back in which case they were left with no option.

Hardly a surprise that Covid is ripping through football teams. Only thing that surprises me is that it's taken this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669