Vardy For England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roy loves Welbeck. He also adores Kane, Rooney, Sterling and Walcott. If Sturridge gets back to fitness and form he is better than all of them. He'll get selected even if he doesn't

Our Jamie only gets in if there's one or two injuries to the above list, regardless of any current or future terrible form of some of the others

That's just how it is.

Tough

Am I naive in thinking that Roy would be pragmatic enough to change his view if Vardy continues to be streets ahead of all the others in the domestic goal-scoring stakes? Sigh....probably.

Roy loves Welbeck. He also adores Kane, Rooney, Sterling and Walcott. If Sturridge gets back to fitness and form he is better than all of them. He'll get selected even if he doesn't

Our Jamie only gets in if there's one or two injuries to the above list, regardless of any current or future terrible form of some of the others

That's just how it is.

Tough

I agree. This is pretty much what I said, other than I added Sturridge and Oxlade-Chamberlain to your list.

Am I naive in thinking that Roy would be pragmatic enough to change his view if Vardy continues to be streets ahead of all the others in the domestic goal-scoring stakes? Sigh....probably.

Unfortunately the England manager role is plastered with managers who have stuck with players/systems that were not good enough/out of form or did not work.

One of the earliest players who I seem to recall always pulling on the shirt in spite of not deserving it is John Barnes.

I bet we could name at least two players under each manager who has constantly been played without any good reason?

England play a style that has absolutely no similarity to any system that Jamie Vardy would work well in.

In my opinion Jamie shouldn't go to the finals as he is completely a waste of a position in the squad and will not be able to play the way that makes him effective.

This is not knocking Vardy, this is simply a fact. Why is the international team any different to a club side in that they select players that fit into the system they employ?

Unfortunately for England the style they actually use will see them fail as soon as they play anyone with any true class, so maybe they should change to accommodate people like Jamie who could be deadly against the better sides?

Either way, international football is utter garbage these days, I wouldn't be too upset if I were Jamie, he's just not enough of a cockwomble to fit in with the scene at England.

England play a style that has absolutely no similarity to any system that Jamie Vardy would work well in.

In my opinion Jamie shouldn't go to the finals as he is completely a waste of a position in the squad and will not be able to play the way that makes him effective.

This is not knocking Vardy, this is simply a fact. Why is the international team any different to a club side in that they select players that fit into the system they employ?

Unfortunately for England the style they actually use will see them fail as soon as they play anyone with any true class, so maybe they should change to accommodate people like Jamie who could be deadly against the better sides?

Either way, international football is utter garbage these days, I wouldn't be too upset if I were Jamie, he's just not enough of a cockwomble to fit in with the scene at England.

Agree with all of this and Roy will NEVER change to accommodate the likes of Jamie. He doesn't play for Man. Utd for a start.

However, this post raises another very important question - what the **** is a cockwomble?

Play him on the wing!

Garth Crooks would. His team of the week:

_85655220_garth.jpg

That team would concede more goals than Leicester.

Vardy is too lazy for my liking

Garth Crooks would. His team of the week:

_85655220_garth.jpg

That team would concede more goals than Leicester.

Great team of the week....Ivanovic, Son and Reid didn't play, Wilson's been out for weeks and Ighalo got nowhere near the Arsenal goal ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69