Vardy For England!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollock chops writing in tonight's Evening Standard said Vardy's form is remarkable considering he plays in a side who create so few chances.

Obviously watched a lot of our games

"I don't think players should be hung up on one particular position," Hodgson said.

"I think Jamie Vardy can play in any of the three forward positions. He should be happy to be in the squad, he should be happy to convince us he should be in the team."

What really irritates is his insinuation that it is Vardy himself who has been saying he should play in a particular position.

I find that unacceptable and poor management.

Vardy is looking like he's going to be one of those strikers who can do the business in the Prem but will have a poor goal record at international for a forward. Shame he didn't say his dog was Irish or once went to Wales (even Liverpool at a push) for a weekend or something.

Spot on Woy!

Leicester forward Jamie Vardy is again included after his run of scoring in eight consecutive Premier League games, but Hodgson would not confirm whether he would be given a start in a central role.

"I don't think players should be hung up on one particular position," Hodgson said.

"I think Jamie Vardy can play in any of the three forward positions. He should be happy to be in the squad, he should be happy to convince us he should be in the team."

Now substitute Vardy for Rooney and imagine him saying it.

Wanker.

He'll definitely be playing wide as the only 'wide' players that are in the squad are Sterling and Lallana.

I find his statement a bit odd. It's almost like he is saying unlike other players in the England squad, Vardy should be happy he is there at all! The cheek of him wanting to play in his preferred position!

Complete inept twat of a manager. Vardy should tell him to go **** himself.

Stupid penguin lookalike twat.

Nope, you're all wrong and Woy is right I'm afraid.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Vardy cannot impress in a left sided forward role. He's played there many times. For example, it was the role he did best in for Fleetwood and the one that earned him his move to us. My point is that it's hardly an alien role to him and he has ample opportunity there to show what he's made of.

The reason he's been poor playing there for England is because he's been poor, not because of where on the pitch he's been. He plays like he has an inferiority complex and I think Woy is intimating the same.

Firstly, he needs to adapt to International football (which he hasn't in any way, shape or form) and only then it is worthwhile having a conversation about where he would perform best.

Not at all and if you listen fully to what Claudio said, it wasn't meant like that either. Leicester play Vardy in the role that best suits Leicester. England will or will not select him in a role that best suits England. There is nothing contradictory about that.

The only thing is whether Vardy can adapt and be effective for both. I don't any reason why he can't as he's proved himself to be excellent at developing and evolving his game but to date, he's not succeeded. However, it's his issue and problem, not Claudio's, Woy's or anyone else's.

inferiority complex

If this truly is a thing for Vardy, then do you honestly think Woy has helped his player this week by basically singling him out amongst all the England bum boys as some sort of lucky little boy who's exploits in the league aren't evidence enough that he deserves his place in the team?

Woy has dropped a bollock on this one I'm afraid.

Oh and can anyone name an English striker currently better placed to play down the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69