Villa Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really well done tonight lads, just hope my just hope we get a good draw for the next round now, wouldn't mind having another go at Blackpool at home, be interesting to see how Megson's team did compared to MA's.

I last looked at this site about 20 mins before kick-off, when 'utter toss' seemed to be about the kindest thing anyone had to say about the team selection.
Shame on you all.

Just got back from Villa Park.

Well done lads. We were great in the first half creating chances, Hume the pick of the lot. Start of second half we were poor, then we brought Hume and Kishishev off and brought on DJ and Maybury:102:, he actually wasn't that bad.
We luckily grabbed a great goal from Matty Fyratt which was soooooooo gooood.

Fulop i would say was mom as there isn't many to choose from who gave a good performance, but he was solid and made some great saves to keep us in it.

Crowd behind the goal and just to the few hundred at the top of the other stand to the left were brilliant, great support all throughout the game. (top stuff)

Very happy person tonight.

Only problem is Cov won 2-0 against a reserve team though:081::081:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:
Just got back from Villa Park.

Well done lads. We were great in the first half creating chances, Hume the pick of the lot. Start of second half we were poor, then we brought Hume and Kishishev off and brought on DJ and Maybury:102:, he actually wasn't that bad.
We luckily grabbed a great goal from Matty Fyratt which was soooooooo gooood.

Fulop i would say was mom as there isn't many to choose from who gave a good performance, but he was solid and made some great saves to keep us in it.

Very happy person tonight.

Only problem is Cov won 2-0 against a reserve team though:081::081:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

You sound surprised. Don't believe the hype.

Just got back...

It was the worst match i have ever seen; Villa were crap never really looked like scoring especially being so how we put so many defenders behind the bull. But credit were its due, tactically we just won the game and was a great result 1-0 against the villa :biggrin:

We player 5-3-2, well it looked like that was our formation. We had 11 men behind the ball. The defence and keeper were supberb. I was only impressed with one centre midfielder; clemence. Hume was sh*t he was SO lazy today, Fryatt did all the running, it was like they had reversed roles.

Fulop 8- Made one fantastic save

N'Gotty 7
McAuley 7
Kisnorbo 9 MOTM IMO completely marked Harewood out the game and won so many headers in the box.

Mattock 7- Just about a 7, game of two halves; first he was really poor kept wasting possesion second he kept winning the ball and suprisingly did well vs Ashley Young.

Stearman 6- Again was extremely wasteful with the ball

Chambers & Kishi 5- thought they were both really poor couldn't pass a ball nor could they make runs to help the strikers.

Clemence 8- captains performance was a star performer in the middle

Hume 3- Was Citys worst player on the pitch; so lazy, he put real effort. Disappointing performance.

Fryatt 8- Just lost out on MOTM, great taken goal. He worked his socks off running about and holding the ball up well.

Subs:

Maybury 5- Kept hoofing the ball; although that helped towards the end of the game

Kenton n/a

DJ 6- Did more running and put more effort when he came on then Hume did in his whole match

If this is what we have to look forward to then; we won't score many goals but hopefully we score more then we let in. Boring game, some decent performances. Megson got his tactics spot on.

Just got back...

It was the worst match i have ever seen; Villa were crap never really looked like scoring especially being so how we put so many defenders behind the bull. But credit were its due, tactically we just won the game and was a great result 1-0 against the villa :biggrin:

We player 5-3-2, well it looked like that was our formation. We had 11 men behind the ball. The defence and keeper were supberb. I was only impressed with one centre midfielder; clemence. Hume was sh*t he was SO lazy today, Fryatt did all the running, it was like they had reversed roles.

N'Gotty 7
McAuley 7
Kisnorbo 9 MOTM IMO completely marked Harewood out the game and won so many headers in the box.

Mattock 7- Just about a 7, game of two halves; first he was really poor kept wasting possesion second he kept winning the ball and suprisingly did well vs Ashley Young.

Chambers & Kishi 5- thought they were both really poor couldn't pass a ball nor could they make runs to help the strikers.

Hume 3- Was Citys worst player on the pitch; so lazy, he put real effort. Disappointing performance.

Fryatt 8- Just lost out on MOTM, great taken goal. He worked his socks off running about and holding the ball up well.

Subs:

Maybury 5- Kept hoofing the ball; although that helped towards the end of the game

Kenton n/a

DJ 6- Did more running and put more effort when he came on then Hume did in his whole match

If this is what we have to look forward to then; we won't score many goals but hopefully we score more then we let in. Boring game, some decent performances. Megson got his tactics spot on.

Do you say that about every game?

Just got back...

N'Gotty 7
McAuley 7

Subs:

Kenton n/a

How did hume play shit lol, he was the best on the pitch in the first half, winning freekicks and passing the ball down the line, also used his pace alot and took many on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669