Waghorn bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Waggy really come back if things are as bad as people like to make out. I would imagine he made a number of good friends at the club and will have kept in contact with the players, so if there was so much disenchantment at the club and a likely mass exodus of our better players would he really consider coming back ??

whilst I agree this could be a signing to appease the fans, hopefully it is more for the start to the season than a player leaving

Would Waggy really come back if things are as bad as people like to make out. I would imagine he made a number of good friends at the club and will have kept in contact with the players, so if there was so much disenchantment at the club and a likely mass exodus of our better players would he really consider coming back ??

I completely agree... after his performances here last season, I'm sure other clubs would've been interested.

If all his mates hated Sousa and wanted to bugger off, he wouldn't come back

Very good point.

Well according to Sky Sports, Assamoah Gyan is at Sunderland finalising the deal so could be possible that Waggy is on his way out

There's plenty of people who don't rate him.

Simply because they think misses a few one on ones he must be shit player. Yet, no one ever seems to point out that none of our strikers even get into these one on one situations whereas Fryatt regularly gets into one or two a game.

There are very few players in the country with as good a scoring ratio as him over the the past 2 years. but it is this which has hindered his reputation imo, some people seem to have him down as a "poacher" and so think he should be more clinical, which is far from the truth.

He is probably the most creative player in our squad, got our most assists last season despite missing over a third of the season, was one of the top assisters in League One when we went up. Honestly, he creates as many chances for the team as Howard, Wellens, Dyer or anyone else, but no one seems to give him credit for it. Yet everyone goes on about great Howard is at creating space and setting up goals, when Fryatt does just as much as him at both. It's just not as obvious as Howard as he doesn't "run after everything" it's far more subtle and about his intelligence and positional sense rather than because he gets other players off the ball.

The fact you mention pace says it all. He is not a player that needs pace, because he gets into those positions through thought, not being faster than anyone else.

For pretty much the entire first half of last season, we were almost single handedly relying on him as an attacking outlet. Almost every single goal we scored he had a hand in one way or another.

As a goalscorer he misses a few chances and perhaps should be more clinical, yes, but as a creative player I really don't think we have anyone better. The goals on top of that are just a bonus.

Yet Waghorn chases the ball and CRIES WHEN WE LOSE so he must be better!

^This^:icon_bigg

You're right I've just re-read it, I meant shots to goal ratio.

Having a George W. moment.

I completely agree with everything you've said about Fryatt in this thread.

You have hit the nail on the head with the points about how fans percieve 'good' play. The problem is that a massive proportion of Leicester fans are a bit thick (and football fans in general).

Another point I'd like to add to yours is that Fryatt is probably better at holding the ball up than any other player in the team.

If it wasn't for his injury, Waggy would have been back to Sunderland in January and we'd never have really seen him play.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's our most gifted player.

Another point I'd like to add to yours is that Fryatt is probably better at holding the ball up than any other player in the team.

Not posted on here in a while...but I just can't believe the stick Fryatt gets sometimes. This element of his game in particular always gets overlooked and if we are playing one up front he should be in that role. He is the only player our opponents really fear and one of the few who other fans covet. At times last season he was virtually unplayable and would have gone on to score more if not for the injury. Yes he misses a lot of the time but at the end of the day if he didn't he would be at a top premier league side. Beckford, Nugent, Earnshaw, Chopra all miss a hell of a lot as well but the point is they all get a lot of chances as does Fryatt. He is in that bracket of top strikers in this division.

After the Reading game the other night I was chatting to some Portsmouth and Rochdale supporters on the train home. They were all raving about Fryatt and King and were shocked that they were both on the bench on Saturday. If even they know that the two of them are our only goal threat how come Paulo Sousa doesn't? They all seemed to think they would get in most sides in the championship but apparently our supporters seem to think that 1 in 2 strike rate is somehow not good enough.

Last edited:
Well a mate of mine has just told me Waghorn's at Leicester. Don't know his source though

Last edited:
Not posted on here in a while...but I just can't believe the stick Fryatt gets sometimes. This element of his game in particular always gets overlooked and if we are playing one up front he should be in that role. He is the only player our opponents really fear and one of the few who other fans covet. At times last season he was virtually unplayable and would have gone on to score more if not for the injury. Yes he misses a lot of the time but at the end of the day if he didn't he would be at a top premier league side. Beckford, Nugent, Earnshaw, Chopra all miss a hell of a lot as well but the point is they all get a lot of chances as does Fryatt. He is in that bracket of top strikers in this division.

After the Reading game the other night I was chatting to some Portsmouth and Rochdale supporters on the train home. They were all raving about Fryatt and King and were shocked that they were both on the bench on Saturday. If even they know that the two of them are our only goal threat how come Paulo Sousa doesn't? They all seemed to think they would get in most sides in the championship but apparently our supporters seem to think that 1 in 2 strike rate is somehow not good enough.
Spot on, I agree with this and what Prof has said. Fryatt would be the first name on my team sheet from the current squad, King second.

Having a George W. moment.
Try not to invade anywhere! Just calm down, breathe deep, count to ten and think about lovely white Christian people. It will all be fine...

Imo if this transfer goes through there is no reason why Fryatt and Waghorn can't play together if they are both here. This is our strongest team based on who is here at the moment. Full back is our biggest problem in the team. Lamey is awful.

Weale

Neilson
Hobbs
Vitor (or Morrison)
Berner

Moussa
Wellens (or Moreno)
King
Dyer

Fryatt
Waghorn (or N'Guessen)

Imo if this transfer goes through there is no reason why Fryatt and Waghorn can't play together if they are both here. This is our strongest team based on who is here at the moment. Full back is our biggest problem in the team. Lamey is awful.

Weale

Neilson
Hobbs
Vitor (or Morrison)
Berner

Moussa
Wellens (or Moreno)
King
Dyer

Fryatt
Waghorn (or N'Guessen)

No Howard or Gallagher then?

Play Morrison at right back. I still can't understand why our best right back isn't getting a look in.

No Howard or Gallagher then?

I like him but Steve Howard is not going to get us into the premiership. I'd sell Gallagher. Don't really know what he is supposed to be (other than lazy).

Also basing this on the realistic knowledge that PS isn't going to play Morrison at RB even though I think he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669