Waghorn bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cracking bit of business, let's hope the feel good feeling is displayed toward the board as much as the bad feeling would be if we did a terrible bit of business.

Very exciting sigining if it comes off.

The bit that frustrates me, is when he gets the ball in or near the box, doesn't notice someone standing in front of goal, un-marked, waving his arms at him to pass the ball and takes a shot that goes over or wide... if he looked up and had more awareness of his team mates we would have more goals... He does this far too often for me... and Wellens seems scared to shoot when he has a clear shot...
Wasn't the case with Mark De'Vries. I prefer my strikers to be a little greedy.

whilst I agree this could be a signing to appease the fans, hopefully it is more for the start to the season than a player leaving

Possibly a signing to appease the players too?

From Stringer's twitter:

Fear not, Martyn Waghorn to Leicester City will be complete in a mater of hours. Also, a defender is being chased instead of Williams.

So in addition to being an idiot he can't spell either.

Stringer on twitter...

"Yuki Abe is a Leicester City player, has his work permit. DJ still not gone but will, Waghorn is a Fox. Zayatte being chased + a striker"

Now saying he's a fox but we're still chasing another striker.

Sounds like DJ + another striker will be on the way then, hopefully not Fryatt.

Now saying he's a fox but we're still chasing another striker.

Sounds like DJ + another striker will be on the way then, hopefully not Fryatt.

It's been no secret that he wanted to sign a defender and 2 strikers.

My source at the Mercury reckons that Waghorn coming in is dependent on Matty Fryatt moving to Reading. Make of that what you will, he's got no reason to lie - he's a dirty Liverpool supporter.

Waghorn, Waghorn, Waghorn, Waghorrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnn

My source at the Mercury reckons that Waghorn coming in is dependent on Matty Fryatt moving to Reading. Make of that what you will, he's got no reason to lie - he's a dirty Liverpool supporter.

I am sorry, I only believe stuff if it comes from Stringer or Newts!

I'm really not happy if Fryatt is on his way.

Waghorn is not a bad player and this is not an attack on him, but the raving about players like Waghorn, Joey Gudjonsson etc just shows that Leicester fans in general judge players on how much running around they do, rather than intelligent play and impact on the game.

Fryatt, Gallagher, Wellens and King are all a class apart in terms of touch, awareness and creativity. The problems they face are that Fryatt often looks less than fit and does miss the odd chance (and lacks a bit of pace, Gallagher and King can go missing when the team isn't playing well and Wellens so often has no final ball - its so frustrating, he spots the pass, makes great runs, dictates play but then can't shoot or pick the final ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669