Waghorn bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he scored or set up a goal with every touch he had, he would have left Leicester City long, long ago.

Last edited:
if waggy is back then thank goodness that

a) all the fans made such a fuss of him at the pre season game

b) he hasn't spoken to any of the current squad about what its like at City now before he signed

If he scored or set up a goal with every touch he had he would have Leicester City long, long ago.

I'm pissed, so I've read that three times...no, now four times...I don't understand it. Someone help me please.

So you'd sooner have a team with no commitment or desire, a team of effortless lumps? Granted effort and no skill gets you nowhere, my Nan puts in a lot of effort to walk to Highcross and back.

But what I'm trying to say is not every player in the team needs insane amounts of skill and I just think Fryatt thinks he has so much skill that he doesn't need to try and his ego gets in the way sometimes. Possibly fans moan that he misses 1v1's because you would him to score 1v1's like he has in the past. Chasing the ball to me puts them under pressure causing them to lose the ball and I think that's why people put quite a bit of emphasis on it. Fryatt is a goalscorer at the end of the day, the most clinical we have.

We do create more chances with Fryatt but I think that is because Howard likes playing with Fryatt (yes yes I am a Howard fan). But if Howard wasn't there I do feel Fryatt wouldn't have half as many clear cut chances as he does.

When did I say something about effortless lumps? I don't think Fryatt is a lazy player at all, but trying hard will never create as many chances for a team as skill or intelligence will.

You could possibly be right that Howard creates chances for Fryatt, I never said I didn't rate Howard, but I think Fryatt is as creative a player as he is, but never gets credit for it and I also think when Fryatt isn't there the team wouldn't have as many clear cut chances either.

I'm finding cate's 4 line rule pretty useful in this thread, it saves my brain hurting too much this late in the day while still being able to keep track of developments (or idle gossip if you see it that way)

Waghorn coming would be great, with DJ going would be awesome, with Fryatt staying would be wee my pants exciting.

Daily Mail website says we are in discussions with Sunderland over £2m move for Waggy, but doesn't say it's done.

Says we have signed Yuki Abe now though

Fryatt is a goalscorer at the end of the day, the most clinical we have.

With the number of 'open goal' and 1 on 1 chances he also misses, we really are in deep poo striker wise aren't we?

Isn't Gally the most clinical if you look at shots/chances converted?

Is there a stat for that?

With the number of 'open goal' and 1 on 1 chances he also misses, we really are in deep poo striker w*s* aren't we?

Isn't Gally the most clinical if you look at shots/chances converted?

Is there a stat for that?

Goals to game ratio is irrelevant if you create chances.

Fryatt has 47 goals in 91 games since the start of the 08-09 season, or a strike ratio of 0.52.

There are very few players with a strike ratio of more than 0.5, especially in the Football League.

Yes, he misses some one on ones, but no other strikers even gets into those positions, whereas Fryatt gets into at least one pretty much every game.

Honestly, for my entire life we have been screaming out for a goal every other game striker and now we finally have one people slag him off for not scoring enough?

You only need to have a shot to goal ratio of 1 in every 5 if you get into positions where you get 5 chances a game then it doesn't matter as on average you will be scoring every game. Players who simply get into the positions to get as many chances as Fryatt does are invaluable.

Last edited:
Goals to game ratio is irrelevant if you create chances.

Fryatt has 47 goals in 91 games since the start of the 08-09 season, or a strike ratio of 0.52.

But surely that is his goals to game ratio? What's a 'strike' ratio?

You know what I meant. A goals to game ratio.

Sorry, I didn't, but I do now.
With your first sentence I thought you were going to offer some other kind of ratio based on actual attacks on goal or summat, which seemed to fit your point when parsed by my feeble brain.

It's late, don't be talking stats when it's late

You're right I've just re-read it, I meant shots to goal ratio.

Having a George W. moment.

But you can talk about Greek Orthodox religion. Oh yes.

The word orthodox means "right believing" and was adopted to signify the true religion that faithfully followed the beliefs and practices defined by the first seven ecumenical councils (dating back to the first 10 centuries). Orthodox Christianity claims to have fully preserved, without any deviation, the traditions and doctrines of the early Christian church established by the apostles. This is why they believe themselves to be the only true and "right believing" Christian faith.

See?

Last edited:
Their priests have funny beards, but at least they're allowed to shag women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675