Waghorn over Fryatt any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get the dislike of Fryatt from some fans. Call me a mongie all you like, amd yes he does miss chances, but so does any striker, and he creates a lot of these chances himself, through his intellegence, if you watch him off the ball you can see he's always looking to get in between defenders.

Waghorn is a completely different type of player likes to drop off the front-line and become more like a second striker, I like Waghorn a lot, but his strengths lie in other areas, and goalscoring is bloody well ip there as strengths go, if you put another Waghorn in, a lot of those chances Fryatt would miss, would not even have been created.

Some people have proved themselves incapable of having a serious conversation. This sort of response only encourages their activities :icon_wink

Waghorn over Fryatt

I bet alex likes that idea.......

Some people have proved themselves incapable of having a serious conversation. This sort of response only encourages their activities :icon_wink

Sorry, I suppose I should've said: Lol Waghorn is ghey, Fryatt scores more than yer mam working in a brothel.

Last edited:
This kind of comment reminds me of the 2 minutes of the football phone in that I listened to last night. Utter utter numptyness!

Waghorn should be starting, i expect some disagreement and would like to hear some opinion on this.

The idea that Waghorn should start is not in itself silly. A lot of the criticism is aimed at the idea that he should replace Fryatt who I feel has been (along with Wellens) our best player this season.

I can only judge Waghorn from what little I have seen of him in home games so some posters will know better than me. Is he versatile enough to play instead of Gallagher?

I would always pick Steve Howard to partner Matty Fryatt if he is fit. However, I am not sure that playing in the most physically demanding position at 33 Howard can play two 90 minutes in quick succession. Would Waghorn be a better partner for Fryatt than Yann? I have seen even less of Yann. Can the fans who travel away tell me.

Apart from age Howard's current problem is that he is desperate to score and sesperation clogs on muscle memory. When Steve Howard came off against Preston he seemed to be furious with himselfI would guess that one goal lucky or not will solve that.

Anyway in a week in which DJ has returned to favour it is nice to see LestatillIdie posting again. Football and forums thrive on controversy.

This forum thrives on one thing, and one thing alone...And I think we know what that is....

Tits.

That said, if we are going to go 3 up front, I think Waghorn has perhaps done enough to warrant that 3rd spot along with Fryatt and Howard.

Before we nail leicestertillidie to the cross and scream Valhalla! I'd be surprised if those people who have been to the last three games would disagree that Fryatt hasn't played all that well in those game.

I'm far from being a 'Fryatt Hater' but don't think he's worked as hard as he usally does and has certainly missed Howard alongside him.

Maybe a game on the bench wouldn't harm him, but rejuvinate him? :102:

Before we nail leicestertillidie to the cross and scream Valhalla! I'd be surprised if those people who have been to the last three games would disagree that Fryatt hasn't played all that well in those game.

I'm far from being a 'Fryatt Hater' but don't think he's worked as hard as he usally does and has certainly missed Howard alongside him.

Maybe a game on the bench wouldn't harm him, but rejuvinate him? :102:

Really? Didn't go to Boro and agree he had an off day vs Cov, but thought he was MOTM vs Preston, our only player who looked like creating anything the whole game.

Really? Didn't go to Boro and agree he had an off day vs Cov, but thought he was MOTM vs Preston, our only player who looked like creating anything the whole game.

Yep, agree PF, looked good on the ball against Preston, just didn't think the work rate was there.

Maybe, because the whole team had an off day?

Yep, agree PF, looked good on the ball against Preston, just didn't think the work rate was there.

Maybe, because the whole team had an off day?

Well, I respectfully disagree, thought he was the only player who looked bothered that game. Personally, I think it would be sucicide to drop Fryatt.

Well, I respectfully disagree, thought he was the only player who looked bothered that game. Personally, I think it would be sucicide to drop Fryatt.

To be fair mate, who am I to disagree with Pearson? Took 4 points from a difficult 6 so I'm happy as long as we're picking up points...

To be fair mate, who am I to disagree with Pearson? Took 4 points from a difficult 6 so I'm happy as long as we're picking up points...

Agreed. We can debate all we like, but NP is doing an incredible job right now, and I'll trust him in his judgement.

This is a foxes debating forum and at least its a proper football question.

The key point is that the only reason we are even able to debate this is because for the first time in years, we have a bench that actually deserve a starting place.

A proper squad fighting for the shirt. For us that is revolutionary.

Thank you, Nigel.

I don't agree with it, but the fact it's even being asked

This is a foxes debating forum and at least its a proper football question.

The key point is that the only reason we are even able to debate this is because for the first time in years, we have a bench that actually deserve a starting place.

A proper squad fighting for the shirt. For us that is revolutionary.

Thank you, Nigel.

I don't agree with it, but the fact it's even being asked

Yes, but who is the question being asked by is the important point.

Quite frankly, he makes most blue mongies look like Cov fans. :icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673