walshie wants the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the current climate I say give Walla the job. Then, when we are looking for a new manager in six weeks, people will finally stop saying "it has to be Walshy".

Oh how ive laughed out loud at the comments in this thread.

'he doesn't have the badges'

'he has no experience'

'He has never managed anyone before'

'He isn't proven'

Blah ****ing blah. I take it these managers with their experience are not the same proven badged up ***** that have so far proved to be complete and utter garbage at the job they are supposadly qualified to do.

Can i ask a simple question, to which i would appreciate honests answers.

Q: Where have all of these experienced and qualified managers we have had over the last 6 or so years got us?

And just to make myself clear, i am not saying i specifically want walsh incharge, this applies to taggart, who i would actaully fully back as city manager.

Well said Lako, my thoughts exactly. We have had lots of up and coming managers/established managers over the years and what have they done for us since O'neill left? Nothing. Well apart from maybe Micky Adams.

Might as well give taggs a chance, he woud kick some arses, which is exactly what we need at the moment. Don't forget he was player/manager at stoke for a year thats a bout as well qualified as Martin Allen and Peter T&**(

Last edited:
"He doesn't have the badges or the experience"

We are continually being linked with people who fulfil the above criteria but there is one problem - they are shite at managing!

I would not go for Walshy but he would give us passion and desire, I have no doubts about that. I am fed up with the same old shit being touted around when we are looking for a new manager. When are people going to realise that good managers have good jobs and the majority that are left over are generally shite! agghhhh!

"He doesn't have the badges or the experience"

We are continually being linked with people who fulfil the above criteria but there is one problem - they are shite at managing!

I would not go for Walshy but he would give us passion and desire, I have no doubts about that. I am fed up with the same old shit being touted around when we are looking for a new manager. When are people going to realise that good managers have good jobs and the majority that are left over are generally shite! agghhhh!

Erm....I think we all realised that long ago Mickey, have you only just worked this out for yourself or something? :icon_conf

I read or heard sometime ago that he applies every time the job is available so it's no surprise that he has applied again.

Well said Lako, my thoughts exactly. We have had lots of up and coming managers/established managers over the years and what have they done for us since O'neill left? Nothing. Well apart from maybe Micky Adams.

Might as well give taggs a chance, he woud kick some arses, which is exactly what we need at the moment. Don't forget he was player/manager at stoke for a year thats a bout as well qualified as Martin Allen and Peter T&**(

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Taggs, apart from the lack of exprience, becaue he is obviously taking football managment seriously and is learning the ropes from the bottom upwards.

As for SW however, he has shown no desire and inclination to learn what it takes to be a manager, simply preferring to throw his hat in to the ring every time we are looking for a new maager. If you are serious about management Walshie enrol on the courses, get a job as a coach somewhere (here would be great), and prove yourself.

I wouldn't have too much of a problem with Taggs, apart from the lack of exprience, becaue he is obviously taking football managment seriously and is learning the ropes from the bottom upwards.

As for SW however, he has shown no desire and inclination to learn what it takes to be a manager, simply preferring to throw his hat in to the ring every time we are looking for a new maager. If you are serious about management Walshie enrol on the courses, get a job as a coach somewhere (here would be great), and prove yourself.

:038:

Too feckin true

Beginning to lose his shine for me, is Mr Walsh, with all this claptrap

Something to make the blue mongies get all excited - Mr Walsh is willing to do the coaching badges required:

"My loyalty, that's one of the points that Milan Mandaric is looking for and it is in no doubt. My heart is in this club. "The point I would make to him, is that I can win a game of football for him."

Walsh admitted he has no coaching badges or managerial experience, which could count against him when Mandaric draws up his shortlist.

However, 42-year-old Walsh said he would take his badges and could also work with a supporting figure, such as a sporting director, to overcome those hurdles.

"I have not managed before and I have not got my coaching badges," he said.

"I am willing to get them, that's not a problem for me.

"What I can bring is mainly on the pitch. There are things that need to be done off the pitch that I might struggle with. I would probably need someone with an 'older-head role'.

"But I have been under that many managers I know how things on the pitch should work."

:icon_roll

for everyone's sake Stevie Walsh...let it go! Let's remember him being here ,there and every f***in' where..wheeling away from the goal at Wembley with the distraught sheep shaggers frozen forever in time in the all time classic LCFC image, realising they'd lost promotion and the play-offs to their new found nemesis of a local rival...

remember our Captain Fantastic best for scoring the injury time equaliser against Arsenal in the best drawn game ever seen at Filbert Street, remember the passion and the occasional punch ups...

let's not kid ourselves...apart from hollow words our past Captain Fantastic has shown no desire to really go for a management job...no desire to get off his arse and earn a coaching badge...maybe he sees his old mate Taggs getting his just rewards for hard work and application and thinks "maybe I can do a bit of that"....it's not enough Steve....start maybe in a backroom, PR,club ambassador type role where your reputation and social skills will allow you to contribute to the club you profess to love...but don't,please, put yourself in the frame for a job you are not,at this time, equipped to do... iconic status takes a long time to build but is relativley easy to destroy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669