walshie wants the job

Status
Not open for further replies.
why dont we just get the entire team of the 98-99 season to run the club if that willl keep everyone happy?

Thats more like it-except the roeder bit:icon_wink

I think you misunderstand me, let me make this clear, I think anybody that would even entertain the notion of Walsh being employed at City in any capacity, outside of the club shop, is mentally retarded, beyond therapy or medication.
A complete & utter blue mongie nutjob if you will.

I think you misunderstand me, let me make this clear, I think anybody that would even entertain the notion of Walsh being employed at City in any capacity, outside of the club shop, is mentally retarded, beyond therapy or medication.
A complete & utter blue mongie nutjob if you will.

I dont think he will, or should get the job but if he goes away and gets his qualifcations he should maybe considered for the job in the future, if we are still shit

Why get Walsh in?

Let's see if Taggart delivers the goods. He's got as much passion as anyone. If he can get the players fired up then who knows....and Taggart managing the team is a definite. Walsh managing them very improbable.

Lets get behind Gerry's team and hope we don't need a new manager.

Sorry to confuse you with facts.....but actually Frank Burrows is caretaker manager (probably for a few hours before he leaves for Bolton) and Taggart is assisting him.

However, I iend to agree with you. Unless Milan can do a lot better this time with his recruitment process - i.e. testing out which decent potential managers are prepared to work for him, then he might as well appoint Taggart. I say this without any enthusiam but just in pessimissm about the prospects.

Sorry to confuse you with facts.....but actually Frank Burrows is caretaker manager (probably for a few hours before he leaves for Bolton) and Taggart is assisting him.

However, I iend to agree with you. Unless Milan can do a lot better this time with his recruitment process - i.e. testing out which decent potential managers are prepared to work for him, then he might as well appoint Taggart. I say this without any enthusiam but just in pessimissm about the prospects.

Burrows has said he wont go to bolton and i doubt Taggs would. if these two win a couple of games they might get the job. The new Kelly and Stowell

I only just caught the item, but I thought that on SSN, Burrows said he wasn't going to Bolton: can anyone confirm, or am I fantasising again?:confused:

ten years ago maybe, walshie is a legend and always will be, so long as he doesn't try to take on a job he's clearly not qualified for in terms of badges or experience. the only reason people are clamouring for him is his spirit and the faint hope he can instill it into his players. how will a bunch of misfits like newton, clem, dj etc who have no affinity for the club respect him and what he stands for. nobody outside of leicester will remember walshie so the argument for him getting them to play for the shirt is extremely weak.

Taggs however still looks hard as nails and he'll no doubt scare the shit out of them on that basis and that his playing career is fairly fresh in the memory, he played for us at a time when there was serious attention on the club and as such stands a much greater chance of getting performances out of respect/fear than walshie

My uncle met taggs whilst RK was in charge and he told him the club was like a holiday camp and the players needed a proper arse kicking, he'd never seen anything like it. at the time he was only helping out with the kids so had no sway - hopefully now he's got a bit of authority he can kick the lazy arse wipes into shape and restore a bit of pride to playing for the club.

ideally we need an experienced manager and hopefully a big name who can work with taggs with a view to him being a future manager of the club. however if the options are as limited as before and we're looking at managers of the quality of megson, give him the job right now.

either way GT has at least shown some commitment to wanting the job and making himself a serious contender by actually getting off his arse and doing some training, i for one hope he boots them into shape and gets the job sooner rather than later.

Hmm. Was this on SSN first or RL? I remember something similar last time with Colin Gibson on RL after Levein left, they phoned him up, asked him if he wanted the job, he said yes, tried to sell himself to the fans... then never appeared on RL again.

Hmm. Was this on SSN first or RL? I remember something similar last time with Colin Gibson on RL after Levein left, they phoned him up, asked him if he wanted the job, he said yes, tried to sell himself to the fans... then never appeared on RL again.

Good stuff that!

I don't think Walshie is doing himself any favours. If he is seriously interested in football management he needs to approach it in a professional way......not as I am "Your Mr Leicester City".

I hope he does go away and get his qualifications and comes back with a more professional approach than relying on his reputation

Oh how ive laughed out loud at the comments in this thread.

'he doesn't have the badges'

'he has no experience'

'He has never managed anyone before'

'He isn't proven'

Blah ****ing blah. I take it these managers with their experience are not the same proven badged up ***** that have so far proved to be complete and utter garbage at the job they are supposadly qualified to do.

Can i ask a simple question, to which i would appreciate honests answers.

Q: Where have all of these experienced and qualified managers we have had over the last 6 or so years got us?

And just to make myself clear, i am not saying i specifically want walsh incharge, this applies to taggart, who i would actaully fully back as city manager.

Last edited:
Can i ask a simple question, to which i would appreciate honests answers.

Q: Where have all of these experienced and qualified managers we have had over the last 6 or so years got us?

They've brought us mediocrity, so an inexperienced, unqualified manager is likely to bring us disaster & would destroy the cult status he has currently.
Let's leave legends where they belong, in the past.

dont know if im the only one but after reading his interview (admittedly ive not seen it on ssn mainly because ive got virgin!) it comes across as very nieve and dare i say it lacking a bit of inteligence:018: if i just read it and didnt know who it was from id of said that it proberbly came from the bloke who sells the burgers. a shame really because i really like the bloke but he would be no good in a managers role for us.

Last edited:
They've brought us mediocrity, so an inexperienced, unqualified manager is likely to bring us disaster & would destroy the cult status he has currently.
Let's leave legends where they belong, in the past.

Like paul ince?

Aidy boothroyd?

Roy Keane?

Remember im applying this to gerry as well, who knows a thing or two about coaching, managing and playing etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669