Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've always come across as a reasonably bright chap so I can conclude that you are being deliberately dense. This really isn't difficult to understand, if only you try.

Football doesnt't matter in the scheme of things. The are numerous things in my life which are far more important than football. I have lots of sympathy for people who aren't in that position.

That's not to say I can't derive pleasure from it. But last season's achievement was such a high that nothing is ever going to compare again. No victory will feel as good. No defeat will feel as bad. Last season has numbed me to those things.

That being the case, it surely is not unreasonable to suggest that I should consider finding another way of spending my time and money at the weekend?

I'm pleased for you that you don't feel that way. I realise in the minority but that's hardly the point. This isn't a case of being right or wrong. It's a case of caring less about something than I did before. Your empathy is not required.

If football isn't important to you, why are you whining on about how you can't derive pleasure from it any more?

The only reason I struggle to understand your thinking is because it's very abnormal. You're being completely counter-intuitive.

I don't think I'll ever eat again because it won't match the sumptuous pleasure of the chicken curry I had earlier. I did a fantastic days work on Friday so I think I'll quit my job because I'll never do better. And so on . . .

It's insanity.

Reactions: FIF
If football isn't important to you, why are you whining on about how you can't derive pleasure from it any more?

The only reason I struggle to understand your thinking is because it's very abnormal. You're being completely counter-intuitive.

I don't think I'll ever eat again because it won't match the sumptuous pleasure of the chicken curry I had earlier. I did a fantastic days work on Friday so I think I'll quit my job because I'll never do better. And so on . . .

It's insanity.

It isn't counter-intuitive. You just don't understand it. That isn't the same thing.

You're making poor comparisons again. I'll die if I don't eat again. I can live without football. I need to work so I can afford to live a certain lifestyle. I don't need football.

I still enjoy the game itself, of course. A great match is a great match. I'll never tire of international tournaments. But the priority I give to outcomes is lower than it was before last season. But not deriving the same pleasure from something (anything) after experiencing an incredible high is entirely normal.

As I say, I'm pleased that you continue to enjoy it and care in the same way as you did before. But your inability to understand my point and assume, because you are unable to empathise, that it is "abnormal" says far more about your capacity for critical thinking than it does about the way I'm now feeling about the results of football matches.

It's insanity.
Are you suggesting that LeeCov has twisted his brain?

Lee, yes. Absolutely that.

All of that.

I get it, you get it - and it's why we are playing like we are currently.

All of that.

It isn't counter-intuitive. You just don't understand it. That isn't the same thing.

You're making poor comparisons again. I'll die if I don't eat again. I can live without football. I need to work so I can afford to live a certain lifestyle. I don't need football.

I still enjoy the game itself, of course. A great match is a great match. I'll never tire of international tournaments. But the priority I give to outcomes is lower than it was before last season. But not deriving the same pleasure from something (anything) after experiencing an incredible high is entirely normal.

As I say, I'm pleased that you continue to enjoy it and care in the same way as you did before. But your inability to understand my point and assume, because you are unable to empathise, that it is "abnormal" says far more about your capacity for critical thinking than it does about the way I'm now feeling about the results of football matches.
If it's any comfort to you, I totally get what you're saying. That doesn't mean that I don't get disappointed by scores like in our two last games and I'm sure that goes for you too. What happened last season is so big that it will probably never happen again in English football (at least not in my lifetime), and none of the "big team" followers will have the same feeling about winning the title like what we had then. Of course anything after that will feel less important for many, while others have the ability to move on and be just as commited/disappointed/pleased/"anyotheremotion" about winning or losing. Good (or bad) for both parts, but it doesn't make any of the sides insane

The more you write, the less convincing you become.

The LeeCovFox doth protest too much, methinks.

It's not like that though, is it? Since this is only football. It doesn't matter.

I have kept lots of videos and memorabilia associated with last season. It was brilliant and will always mean the world to me. That isn't what my post was about.

Nor was my post about the attitudes of our players. I don't really care what they're feeling and I doubt very much that they give a shit what the fans are feeling.

My post was about how last season has changed the way I feel. I don't care of you're getting sick of such views or not. I do suggest you work on your reading comprehension though.

I don't understand you (That's not to mean that you're not feeling exactly how you say). And if you really don't care about the football why are you coming on this website and telling us - or is that quite important?

I don't understand you (That's not to mean that you're not feeling exactly how you say). And if you really don't care about the football why are you coming on this website and telling us - or is that quite important?

Well I care that I don't care so much, since I used to care rather a lot. Sod all I can do about it though.

This would seem to me to be a pretty good place to talk about the impact that Leicester City's title win has had on me as a supporter.

He hasn't said that he doesn't care about football though, has he? It's the degree of caring after last season that is the issue. And no, he's not insane either.

He's not selling you a ****ing washing machine.

You either have the ability to empathise with the perspective or you are so blinkered you feel it challenges you as an individual.

How ridiculous to think those are the only two possibilities.

If Lee couldn't care less he should probably go and do something more interesting with his life. Surely writing about it here isn't one of them.

Well I care that I don't care so much, since I used to care rather a lot. Sod all I can do about it though.

This would seem to me to be a pretty good place to talk about the impact that Leicester City's title win has had on me as a supporter.

That I CAN actually understand. Thanks.

Incredibly frustrating.

We're finding it very hard to win a game now and struggling for ideas to turn it round.

Very annoying result.

Agree with the previous comments to an extent - I'm probably not as devastated as I would've been in previous seasons. I find it easier to shrug off these results and compartmentalise rather than it ruining my weekend, because I feel like my team has practically 'completed' football.

But, I still don't ****ing like it and it still matters to me.

At the minute I'm annoyed because I don't know how we sort it out before January at least because at the minute we seem short or quality in central midfield and defence. Can't rely on Mendy to come back and help the midfield now so needs new bodies but we've got a while before we can do that.

I still think this team will regain its form at some point, but becoming increasingly frustrated at waiting for it to happen.

One thing that annoys me most is our team seems to have lost their good, intelligent play and creativity. We're now desperate and resort to long balls forward. I haven't seen anything from today but from a few comments I get the feeling it was the same again. As much as other people may have thought so last year, we were never just a kick and rush team. We played it round smartly. We played good, quick passing, worked the ball through, then when the space opened we played quickly and directly but not just pumping it long. That's not happening at the minute from what I've seen recently

How ridiculous to think those are the only two possibilities.

If Lee couldn't care less he should probably go and do something more interesting with his life. Surely writing about it here isn't one of them.

I don't have much on tonight. :D

But yes, that's what I'm saying. I'll be attending for the rest of the season to see whether I can get some enthusiasm back for it. If not I'll not renew and probably spend the money on an extra weekend away with the missus each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669