Post Match Watford 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a simple piece of communication Maddison screams that he's got the ball Nacho instead of going for the ball makes a run towards goal or are you incapable of realising they can do that?
:044:
Like I say, I think you should see it before commenting.

Blaming the phone now?, surprised it wasn't Puel or Rodgers fault.

It's never been the same since I dropped it when watching a match. I haven't had it long enough for it to be anyone other than Puel's fault...so definitely Puel.

I'm glad we lost.* I'm glad we played the way we did.

Had we gone out and every player had played brilliant football with 100% pass rates and total composure, winning easily, Mr. BRodgers wouldn't have seen the real situation at Leicester City.

Now he knows. We will find out what he can do.

(* - No, I didn't want us to lose. Thats daft)

I'm glad we lost.* I'm glad we played the way we did.

Had we gone out and every player had played brilliant football with 100% pass rates and total composure, winning easily, Mr. BRodgers wouldn't have seen the real situation at Leicester City.

Now he knows. We will find out what he can do.

(* - No, I didn't want us to lose. Thats daft)
I get what you mean. It also stops those ****tards with their hissing snake emojis from rearing their heads.

BR said:

I was really disappointed for the players and supporters today because we got off to a slow start and conceded early on in the game, which was not ideal, especially away from home.
I know it’s a trend that we need to eradicate. Then, I thought we worked our way into the game. We were a little bit slow with our passing in the first half, but we still got into some good positions.

We addressed one or two items at half-time and I thought in the second half, the players were excellent. I thought we looked like the team that would equalise, and we did.

We scored a fantastic goal and it just looked like a matter of time before the second would come. We had all the pressure and really sustained our attacks. You could just sense that they were going to be happy to take a point, Watford.

To concede late on, we need to manage the game better, because if you give opportunities at this level, people will take them.

For players with a new manager coming in, it’s never easy at the time.
The players have been brilliant all week. They’ve showed a great spirit and also quality.

The more we get used to working together, the better we’ll become. We showed enough today to show that we can have a really exciting period. That moment at the end, we can learn from that, and that will make us better.

I know the areas we need to be better in, but the players deserve credit for taking onboard what we’d worked on. We’ll just learn to close that game out at the end.

(Vardy) looks okay in the changing room. I think with the collision he had, he just felt it a little bit in the second half.
He couldn’t just quite continue, so it was unfortunate for him, but we’ll assess him and hopefully he’ll be okay to train on Tuesday.

New manager.
Everyone has a chance to show what they can , or more importantly, what they can't do.
I wouldn't drop Kasper for his distribution today, but he'd be on a warning.
We have some bloody good young players, but they are low on confidence. That's why they appeared to take the easy option.
It didn't seem until the last half hour that our wingbacks decided to actually go down the wing.
Let's see how a week on the training ground will fare next weekend.

BR said:

I was really disappointed for the players and supporters today because we got off to a slow start and conceded early on in the game, which was not ideal, especially away from home.
I know it’s a trend that we need to eradicate. Then, I thought we worked our way into the game. We were a little bit slow with our passing in the first half, but we still got into some good positions.

We addressed one or two items at half-time and I thought in the second half, the players were excellent. I thought we looked like the team that would equalise, and we did.

We scored a fantastic goal and it just looked like a matter of time before the second would come. We had all the pressure and really sustained our attacks. You could just sense that they were going to be happy to take a point, Watford.

To concede late on, we need to manage the game better, because if you give opportunities at this level, people will take them.

For players with a new manager coming in, it’s never easy at the time.
The players have been brilliant all week. They’ve showed a great spirit and also quality.

The more we get used to working together, the better we’ll become. We showed enough today to show that we can have a really exciting period. That moment at the end, we can learn from that, and that will make us better.

I know the areas we need to be better in, but the players deserve credit for taking onboard what we’d worked on. We’ll just learn to close that game out at the end.

(Vardy) looks okay in the changing room. I think with the collision he had, he just felt it a little bit in the second half.
He couldn’t just quite continue, so it was unfortunate for him, but we’ll assess him and hopefully he’ll be okay to train on Tuesday.
Did you use Google translate to understand him :)

if Kevin Phillips is out of work still get him back in working with the players on their shooting

If anyone on here is annoyed or surprised that the new manager hasn't miraculously turned it around in 4 days then you are a deluded fool.

Not really bothered about the result nor expecting things to turn round. But we could have seen a bit of something positive, some quicker play or more aggressive pressing. What we actually saw was a stereotypical Puel performance in that it was very slow and boring. I say stereotypical because in reality Puel's sides often produced much better football than anything we saw today.

The point isn't that Brendan is a bad manager or about writing him off. It's about the way the club and many fans think the answer is to sack the manager once a season every season. If you think short term like that then surely the point of bringing in a new manager is to see them make a near enough instant impact. Otherwise how long are you going to give him? Puel got about three months until some were on his back. How long has Brendan got?

Well as a starting point, maybe three months might be a good idea ?

Rather than the ninety minutes that some complete feckwits seem to have given

So who's calling for him out already then?

Or are you just making stuff up again and having to resort to swearing as you have no real point?

No one is wanting him sacked already but I think we are all massively disappointed by the result and some of us more so with the performance.

It was terrible and as worse as any this season, we only really started looking a threat once Gray came on who was inexplicably dropped after being one of our most dangerous players in the past 2-3 games.

Hopefully he will be back in for Morgan for Fulham as that is our strongest team and playing 3 CBs at home to a team that is pretty much relegated would be incredibly defensive and negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363