Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a perfect distillation of our season. Every chance in the world, put ourselves in the box seat...and we utterly shit our pants.

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted

Feel that's harsh on the team. We played well. Watford were just better. Could've gone either way at the end. Literally within 30 seconds. Literally inches away from Webmley.

You couldn't write it cos no-one would believe it. Feel worse than all the cup final losses I witnessed.

Maybe I am alone in being pleased that we got this fecking far. The final day was a shock and for us to be so close to Wembley late in the 2 legs is more than I could have expected. Had the pen gone in I would have started to dream but I can't pretend to be upset about anything other than the manner of this defeat.

Will he though? He obviously has nothing going on in his life. Takes a special king of sad **** to come on to another teams forum 2 minutes after a game their own side wasn't involved in and start gloating.

In terms of the game, I thought were largely shit, still should have equalised gone through though.
Sat watching it in a pub and what did you expect "hard luck chaps"

Ah well Frenchman, penalties and play offs are definitely not our strongest aspect.

5-0 would have been better than that way but hopefully there isn't a mass overreaction about it as we were so close.

Gutted, just gutted. Good night. See you next season.

Feel that's harsh on the team. We played well. Watford were just better. Could've gone either way at the end. Literally within 30 seconds. Literally inches away from Webmley.

I'm not in "great effort lads" I'm in the "we've bollocked up our season over thelast two months" mode.

Not really inches, as he simply pussied it straight down the middle. The goalie couldn't fail to save it

Nugent, Kane, King, James, de Laet, and even Schlupp. All would have feckin' leathered it in

Ouch!!! That must hurt

Knockaert at least took it properly.
Was unlucky with the follow up. He doesn't deserve any abuse for that.
That's my point exactly. Knockeart didn't take it "properly", whatever that means, he missed it. He didn't do any better than Kermogant at all. But I hope too that he won't get the same abuse. And without Knockeart's goal last week we wouldn't have been here anyway.

Maybe I am alone in being pleased that we got this fecking far. The final day was a shock and for us to be so close to Wembley late in the 2 legs is more than I could have expected. Had the pen gone in I would have started to dream but I can't pretend to be upset about anything other than the manner of this defeat.

I am absolutely gutted, but as you say, it felt like bonus time in the playoffs. Didn't expect us to get that far, didn't expect us to be seconds away from it.

We were unlucky. I don't think the players or performance deserve massive criticism.

Let's all just mourn together for now.

Just think, if you hadn't have cheated you would have another 30 minutes of extra time to play......

Well it is a hard way to bow out but lets put some perspective on it. Our form in the latter half of the season has been pretty ordinary. We scraped into the play-offs and nearly ended up at Wembley but we were beaten by a technically superior team. We can't have any complaints. We just weren't quite good enough in the end.

And without Knockeart's goal last week we wouldn't have been here anyway.

Also his assist in the same game. Add in the many goals/assists/performances over the season and I believe the two scenarios are miles apart. Perhaps the Kermit reaction was over the top, but it's hard to think of many positives to dilute the negative opinion of his spell here.

Well it is a hard way to bow out but lets put some perspective on it. Our form in the latter half of the season has been pretty ordinary. We scraped into the play-offs and nearly ended up at Wembley but we were beaten by a technically superior team. We can't have any complaints. We just weren't quite good enough in the end.

Bollocks

We were plenty good enough, with a golden chance to simply stroke ourself into the final

We fecked it up good and proper

Sat watching it in a pub and what did you expect "hard luck chaps"

Or just nothing at all. Just a slightly twatty thing to do, nevermind though eh? We had a great big laugh at your expense and gave ourselves a chance of going up. None of us really saw it coming so to get this far, a kick away from the playoff final is magnificent.

Anyway, stop feeding the troll, Ted.

Proud of the players, upset for Knockaert but he can't retreat into his shell next season. (That's if he isn't completely frozen out lolz)

I reckon Pearson might have saved his job for now, we all know how he can make that team better. Starts with yet another ruthless cull and getting all of our main deals done as early as possible.

Just think, if you hadn't have cheated you would have another 30 minutes of extra time to play......

Just think if you hadn't ****ed up a one nil lead on the last day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669