Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he does not hear what he is told because he is occasionally seen cupping his hand to his ear to try and hear better! :icon_lol:

Just a quick couple of points, we were a bit unlucky, a deflection for one goal and a foul on one of the centre backs for the third. However, Mills is now wearing my patience out, he can be very poor at times, and he was last night. Beckford and Nugent are now looking a powerful combination, for me one thing that changed the game was Drinkwater going off, he was our best midfielder by miles. We'll miss him on Saturday big time.

Huddersfield have just sacked Lee Clark-attack minded adventurous and organised young manager.
Could be make your mind up time for the owners.This season is over and crowds will dip dramatically soon.
NP the wrong choice-NEVER GO BACK!

RB cover not a bad shout Prof - I think Peltier can come good again though and hopefully just suffering from poor form though I suspect he was one of the 'one or two' Pearson didn't seem very happy with at all in his post match interview. Kennedy should definitely be given another chance too as there is no way Konchesky can play every game until the end of the season and from the reports of the Palace away game, Kennedy was our best player so quite harsh on him that he has featured very little, if at all, since then.

Re Steve Howard - he's a poor player now and has been for a good couple of years, only really in the League 1 season he proved his worth and I still think he should have done better then. Saying that though, he has been quite effective in a few recent substitute appearances but still no where near the level we should be seeing and we can't afford to have a player on the bench who occasionally puts a good shift in when he comes on, especially no there are only 5 subs allowed.

Huddersfield have just sacked Lee Clark-attack minded adventurous and organised young manager.
Could be make your mind up time for the owners.This season is over and crowds will dip dramatically soon.

Are you suggesting we sack Pearson and hire Lee Clark?

If Beckford or Nugent went off injured (heaven forbid), afer 5 or 10 mins, are we really left with only Howard to be able to play a high tempo game for 80 odd minutes? At the moment, the answer is probably yes, although I suppose we could always put Gally up front. Given the injuries we have to our other strikers, perhaps we need to be either a) really lucky with our front two avoiding injuries or b) dip into the emergency market.

Next season we'll have Schlupp back along with Waghorn (woopdedo) and maybe Darius if NP deems him worthy of another contract.

If Beckford or Nugent went off injured (heaven forbid), afer 5 or 10 mins, are we really left with only Howard to be able to play a high tempo game for 80 odd minutes? At the moment, the answer is probably yes, although I suppose we could always put Gally up front. Given the injuries we have to our other strikers, perhaps we need to be either a) really lucky with our front two avoiding injuries or b) dip into the emergency market.

Next season we'll have Schlupp back along with Waghorn (woopdedo) and maybe Darius if NP deems him worthy of another contract.

I didn't think Delfouneso's injury was that serious?

p.s. I somehow read "woopdedo" as "woodpedo"... and spent a few minutes trying to work out what that was. I thought you were implying that Waghorn was really into acorns or something.

Last edited:
But how long have we got him for?

True. I forgot it's only a month's loan. Hopefully we can extend it, or Waghorn/Schlupp will be back.

It almost doesn't seem worth throwing more money at this season now... but the thought of having Howard as our only other striker is a horrible one.

Indie -That would seem the best course of action.Sven stayed to long.NP has done well but most managers suffer burn out to some degree-especially if they do quick switches between clubs.Lee Clark has resisted moves to bigger clubs and been very loyal.This would be the challenge of his life and get him fired up

Indie -That would seem the best course of action.Sven stayed to long.NP has done well but most managers suffer burn out to some degree-especially if they do quick switches between clubs.Lee Clark has resisted moves to bigger clubs and been very loyal.This would be the challenge of his life and get him fired up

I think that you should apply for the job, you seem to be full of inspiring and revolutionary ideas.
At least send in your CV, for the good of the club

No. 1 - I dont like the similarity of his/her name with mine. It's odd to me.
No. 2 - why am I thinking SuperSprout again?

Last edited:
Is she still here...

... why am I thinking SuperSprout again?

No idea. As far as I know SuperSprout does not use Kingston Communications as his ISP.

My ratings from last night, for what it's worth.

KS - 8 - No chance with the goals, a couple of good saves and some decent distribution
LP - 5 - Many of their good chances 1st half came down our right. Peltier didn't deal with them and offered little going forward
SSL - 6 - Probably the pick of the defenders (not saying much), still didn't deal with the long ball, gave the ball away too easily at times, but looked dangerous from right back
MM - 4 - Didn't win a header all night, panicky, woeful distribution and a tantrum for a yellow card
PK - 6 - Didn't do too much wrong
PG - 6 - Drifted inside a lot (possibly by design), wasn't particularly creative, but didn't give the ball away much
RW - 7 - Spread the ball well, generally didn't give it away, kept us ticking
DD - 6 - Gave the ball away too much trying to be too clever, but made up for it more often than not and showed good desire.
LD - 6 - Offered the occassional spark, as per usual, but not a lot more than that.
JB - 7 - Worked hard, ran the channels, linked well with Nuge, set up goals and missed an absolute sitter.
DN - 9 - Excellent. Second goal was a beauty. First wasn't bad. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

WM - 7 - Did pretty well. Won more headers than anyone else put together and distributed the ball well. Was fouled for their third I thought.
ND - 6 - Looked busy, as per usual, and provided a good link, but gave the ball away for their third.
SH - N/A

Overall, we weren't too bad, but still contrived to give away three goals and lose the game. We played some nice stuff in their half of the pitch (particularly second half), created lots of decent chances, scored two excellent goals, but looked very shaky, couldn't deal with their physical threat and gave away three stupid goals.

Someone summed up the season pretty well earlier (NF?), in saying that we'd probably be closer to the play-offs under Sven, but we wouldn't quite have got there and a lot has changed for the better under Nige (attitude in particular). If we can just start controlling games and defending more comfortably, then there are many good signs for next season.

Apart from the silly business with the initials an excellent post. It is the kind of information people like myself who find it difficult to get to away games need from those who were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669