Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great strength at holding the ball up looking for an opportunity. Have you ever noticed that when he is on he usually has two defenders trying to get the ball off him? Should leave space for others to work in. Obviously only useful aan impact sub, but he often does make a difference.

Great strength at holding the ball up looking for an opportunity. Have you ever noticed that when he is on he usually has two defenders trying to get the ball off him? Should leave space for others to work in. Obviously only useful aan impact sub, but he often does make a difference.

Does he really though? I'd like to see some stats that show that we've improved or maintained a result as a direct consequence of coming on.

As soon as he gets on the pitch, all we seem to do is punt it long to him and he either gets fouled and we never seem to get a free kick from it, or he fouls the defenders marking him, or we lose posession altogether. I'm really struggling to think of a time where he's come off the bench this season and actually contributed something tangible.

Wouldn't it have been better to bring on Marshall yesterday? A player who's younger, hungrier and a lot more skillful, he might've actually worked their midfield and defence and gotten an assist... Bringing Howard on just seems like a waste of time to me.

He used to make an impact, now all he seems to do is make the rest of the team rely on hoofball even more. I could see the point to bringing him on if we were winning and trying to hold on but not when we need a goal.

Last edited:
At the minute, I think the best side we can put out would be:

Kasper

St Ledger, Bamba, Morgan, Konchesky

Marshall, Wellens, Drinkwater, Dyer/Gallagher

Beckford, Nugent

Still doesn't look too great, we could do with a couple of players in the summer for sure.

Keep that team together, keep the manager and add a left midfielder and a central midfielder and that team should be more than enough to get promoted from this division.

Does he really though? I'd like to see some stats that show that we've improved or maintained a result as a direct consequence of coming on.

As soon as he gets on the pitch, all we seem to do is punt it long to him and he either gets fouled and we never seem to get a free kick from it, or he fouls the defenders marking him, or we lose posession altogether. I'm really struggling to think of a time where he's come off the bench this season and actually contributed something tangible.

Wouldn't it have been better to bring on Marshall yesterday? A player who's younger, hungrier and a lot more skillful, he might've actually worked their midfield and defence and gotten an assist... Bringing Howard on just seems like a waste of time to me.

Derby at home, when we won 4-0???

Bamba and Morgan at Centre back would be the, biggest, blackest, strongest partnership in the league. Strikers would shit themselves if they had to face that

Wahey off we go...

Keep that team together, keep the manager and add a left midfielder and a central midfielder and that team should be more than enough to get promoted from this division.

I'd say we want a natural RB as well, neither Pantsil or Peltier look good enough, don't know about SSL at RB and Konchesky convinces me less and less as the season goes on, I praised him earlier in the season, but the more I see him the more I notice how poor his positioning is and how it takes him 20 minutes to settle into a game, he's nearly always all over the place in the opening throws of a game. Would like to see Kennedy given a little run in the side to see what he can do. May as well at this point.

Last edited:
So he's won one flick on that got us a goal. What about all of the other matches where he did precisely feck all?

And we weren't even chasing the game then, it was already comfortably won.

He had a good impact against Middlesbrough, and wasn't bad against West Ham. They're about the only ones I can remember this season. He's definitely on his way out.

I'd say we want a natural RB as well, neither Pantsil or Peltier look good enough.

I hesitate to mention the chap that is expected to play right midfield here but his almost total absence from this position during the game does expose the right back constantly and whoever plays there suffers as a result. I'd like to see how Marshall and Peltier link up on that side for a few games actually.

I hesitate to mention the chap that is expected to play right midfield here but his almost total absence from this position during the game does expose the right back constantly and whoever plays there suffers as a result. I'd like to see how Marshall and Peltier link up on that side for a few games actually.

Maybe the chap is told to be absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670