Watford Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would I - stop pissing about with the team, and just give 'em a go for a few games and let them find their feet.

No wonder they looked like complete feckin' strangers on Saturday - nobody knows who the feck will be playing, and in which positions, from one week to the next

I think the constant chopping and changing might well be one of the main reasons we are doing so badly.Yes there are other reasons but in my experience the better sides are those who only change their starting eleven only when forced into it

Alnwick
Chambers
McAuley
Kisnorbo
Mattock
Bori
Clemence
Oakley
Laczko
Campbell
Howard

Stearman
Hume
Fryatt
Ngotty
Clapham

But Hayles will play,maybe on one of the wings

Looks like our strongest option. I'd like to see Howard and Dj. And then have the Hungarians on the wing.

Watford haven't exactly been consistant of late and what with our "Championships tightest defence" there is always a chance to win tonight.

I've not been to Vicarage Road before where is good to drink before the game?

:icon_eek:

I agree that it'd be nice to get on the score sheet but how can anybody accept a loss?

:102:

Realism my man based on league positions. I fear we will get beat, but I would like us to at least score a goal and make a game of it - maybe I should have worded that way.

After saturday's display, I'm not optimistic in the slightest on this match.

I think if we're lucky we will only conceed 2 goals!:090:

.....................................Alnwick...... ............................

Stearman ......... Kisnorbo ........... McAuley ..........Clapham

Bori ................. Clemence .......... Oakley ................ Zsolt

..........................Howard ............. DJ........................

Subs:

Mattock
Hume
N'Gotty
Chambers
Fryatt
________

well if we're playing away, at least we'll be on a decent pitch

Their home form isn't great, not much better than ours.

Laughable really that a team that is top of the league have only actually collected two more home points this season than us!

And we did them 4-1 at our place.

How fine the line is between glorious trash and woeful trash. Nothing a metaphorical kick couldn't reverse quite easily really.

This league really sucks. 500+ substandard buffoons making small, and no so small, fortunes off our backs.

Alnwick
Chambers, Kisnorbo, McCauley, Mattock
Bori, Clemence, Oakley, Lackzo
Howard, Campbell

Subs: N'Gotty, Stearman, Hume, Hayles, Fryatt

Maybe swap Hume and Campbell...

1-1 draw.

.....................................Alnwick...... ............................

Stearman ......... Kisnorbo ........... McAuley ..........Clapham

Bori/Chambers................. Clemence .......... Oakley ................ Zsolt

..........................Howard ............. DJ........................

I know - Chambers playing out of position. But away from home this might not be a bad option.

Worried about Bori not speaking English...Clapham was shouting at him on Saturday and you could tell he hadn't got a clue what he was saying.

Did anyone watch Ollie's pre match pre-view. Says he doesn't see too many changes as there wasn't much wrong on saturday. He also thought we didn't deserve to lose. Was he watching the same game?

I don't think Chambers deserves to be dropped and it might help Stearman if he gets to realise he's not aotomatic first choice.I'd stick with that eleven for a few matches and get some continuity in the side

Chambers picked up a knock on Saturday so could be doubtful for tonight, according to Ollie.

Did anyone watch Ollie's pre match pre-view. Says he doesn't see too many changes as there wasn't much wrong on saturday. He also thought we didn't deserve to lose. Was he watching the same game?

I think so. We had a blatant penalty turned down and a goal disallowed. I think people got far too carried away with the criticism of the performance on Sat. We werent very god but no worse than Plymouth so from that point of view we were unlucky to lose!

I think so. We had a blatant penalty turned down and a goal disallowed. I think people got far too carried away with the criticism of the performance on Sat. We werent very god but no worse than Plymouth so from that point of view we were unlucky to lose!

Apart from the first ten minutes, and the inevitable 'lump it' last five, we were completely shat for the whole game

If he thinks that there wasn't too much wrong with that then the man is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566