Wayne Brown - 2yr Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hobbs and Tunchev (if he's fit) to start....then Brown can come on if we're making a mess of it at the back...i've already spoken to Nigel, he agreed with that tactic.

Last edited:
The Hull fans on 606 seem to think they may regret selling him to us as they may be in the Championship next year. They rate him very highly and seem to think he is one of the main reasons why they got out of the Championship last year. Let's hope he can recapture that form!

The Hull fans on 606 seem to think they may regret selling him to us as they may be in the Championship next year. They rate him very highly and seem to think he is one of the main reasons why they got out of the Championship last year. Let's hope he can recapture that form!

The thing that struck me about Brown is that he's a talker, seeing him warm up with Hobbs before a game he was throwing balls up for Hobbs to head which Moz backed into him. Brown looked really enthusiastic, telling them what they were doing well etc. He knows how to ruffle strikers' feathers too, like when he mounted Becchio and the greasy little cock didn't dare to go near the ball for the rest of the game.

The thing that struck me about Brown is that he's a talker, seeing him warm up with Hobbs before a game he was throwing balls up for Hobbs to head which Moz backed into him. Brown looked really enthusiastic, telling them what they were doing well etc. He knows how to ruffle strikers' feathers too, like when he mounted Becchio and the greasy little cock didn't dare to go near the ball for the rest of the game.

Haha that was so funny, Bechio went missing after that incident! He does seem like a leader make him vice-captain!

We've known for a while now that Kisnorbo is not being offered a new contract. His current one expires at the end of June, so from 1st July he will be a free agent.

Leeds and Palace are sniffing around but he may join Henderson on the plane for the long trip south.
you clearly missed the fact that i was being sarcastic :icon_bigg

Haha that was so funny, Bechio went missing after that incident! He does seem like a leader make him vice-captain!

Probably because he was booked as a result of it and had therefore to curb his usual aggressive style.

The poster that suggested we play a back 4 that included all 4 centre backs is clearly daft. We and others have tried this kind of stuff and it never works. You always need proper full backs. We must sign Gilbert or someone equally fast and fullbackish. We need cover for Mattock or a replacement if he goes. I really wish Powell was younger.

I think signing Brown is OK but haven't seen enough of him to say he is better than Kisnorbo who surely must be gone now. Last season he was probably our best but this year everyone hates him. Why?. I think Nigel has decided he doesn't rate him either. He brought him back and then left him out. Is something going on backstage?

We need 1 or more strikers to back up / challene the current two. Sorry that Dickov is probably not going to do it for us. It would be nice to be wrong.

We defo need more midfield ammo. Weso doesnt look like making it. We need a real class midfield attacker.

Make sure Gradel signs for life

just 1??? who out of pentney, cisak and logan would you keep as back up if henderson is leaving in the summer?? i think we possibly need 2 keepers

I would consider Henderson a good enough no.2 for next year, however if he is leaving then of course two goalkeeping additions would be required.

We need cover for Mattock or a replacement if he goes. I really wish Powell was younger.
Everyone seems to forget Bruno Berner, who, whilst playing in various positions, is primarily a left back. Personally I think we're well covered at left back (unless Mattock goes). Right back is a much bigger concern.

Last edited:
The poster that suggested we play a back 4 that included all 4 centre backs is clearly daft. We and others have tried this kind of stuff and it never works. You always need proper full backs. We must sign Gilbert or someone equally fast and fullbackish. We need cover for Mattock or a replacement if he goes. I really wish Powell was younger.

I think signing Brown is OK but haven't seen enough of him to say he is better than Kisnorbo who surely must be gone now. Last season he was probably our best but this year everyone hates him. Why?. I think Nigel has decided he doesn't rate him either. He brought him back and then left him out. Is something going on backstage?

We need 1 or more strikers to back up / challene the current two. Sorry that Dickov is probably not going to do it for us. It would be nice to be wrong.

We defo need more midfield ammo. Weso doesnt look like making it. We need a real class midfield attacker.

Make sure Gradel signs for life

I'm not sure what Gradel has done to warrant such adulation?

I'm not sure what Gradel has done to warrant such adulation?

Whilst only the bluest of blue mongies would classify Gradel as the next Ronaldo, he does have qualities that have not been seen here in one so young for a long time.

He does have very good ball skills. I cannot do stepovers so I do not know how much is show, but it does confuse the opposition. He can outrun and 'skin' the backs. He can cross the ball. He can take a decent free kick. He does tackle back at speed not just stay up front. Probably most importantly, anyone who saw him playing last Friday and his antics at the trophy ceremony can see that he quite clearly loves playing for City.

Not yet the finished article but potentially a future star.

Last edited:
Whilst only the bluest of blue mongies would classify Gradel as the next Ronaldo, he does have qualities that have not been seen here in one so young for a long time.

He does have very good ball skills. I cannot do stepovers so I do not know how much is show, but it does confuse the opposition. He can outrun and 'skin' the backs. He can cross the ball. He can take a decent free kick. Probably most importantly, anyone who saw him playing last Friday and his antics at the trophy ceremony can see that he quite clearly loves playing for City.

I'd agree, but i do feel that his crossing can still be improved, as hes very inconsistent. he also takes a decent corner. Lots of potential.

He does have very good ball skills. I cannot do stepovers so I do not know how much is show, but it does confuse the opposition. He can outrun and 'skin' the backs. He can cross the ball. He can take a decent free kick. He does tackle back at speed not just stay up front. Probably most importantly, anyone who saw him playing last Friday and his antics at the trophy ceremony can see that he quite clearly loves playing for City.

He was like a little kid at the end. Jumping up and down like a excited child on Christmas day, before wearing himself out and having to have a sit down. Brilliant!

I think he could take a lesson from Guppy. Make half a yard and put the cross in. No need to beat your man 5 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669