Wayne Brown - Weak link

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think we lack a bit of pace but talk about some crazy opinions in this thread. All players have off days and a few had one on sunday but we didn't lose that has to say something for the team.

This is about Wayne Brown, not where we are in the league. We are having a great season so far, i don't want wasters like Brown to ruin it. IDIOTS!

Yeah IDIOTS!!! Wayne brown is at best a championship defender and we are............oh hold on...........

Actually I agree on Brown, he's slow and too one-dimensional. If he's against a striker with any pace, he's screwed.

But so are most centre halfs in this league he is strong and great in the air and very vocal. Like most of our squad he has good and bad qualities. He has played a lot of football for us this season and we are 5th so he can't be that bad.

But so are most centre halfs in this league he is strong and great in the air and very vocal. Like most of our squad he has good and bad qualities. He has played a lot of football for us this season and we are 5th so he can't be that bad.

Can't disagree with any of that. I'd still prefer Hobbs or Tunch, but he does a job. If he was as bad as some are making out, we'd have been walloped off the park every other game. Some have astutely observed that we haven't been.

If people are that bothered about his pace then maybe we should put Dyer in his position.

Yeah IDIOTS!!! Wayne brown is at best a championship defender and we are............oh hold on...........

he may be playing for a championship club but he is not good enough for this level. His only good attribute is heading, in a crucial position like cb that can only get you so far.

League one is his level.

With Wayne Brown its about consistency. On his day he can be our best player, usually this is helped if the opposition tactics are to keep lumping it forward.

Nielson doesnt have the ability, its as simple as that. He can't help support the attack, he can't keep his position and he can't pass the ball.

We have people in the crowd gasping and cringing whenever Neilson receives a pass. Why should we have that?

The SPL has never been kind to us, but thats what you get when you dip into a league who's officials are sponsored by SPECSAVERS!

Maybe we should never, ever, sign a defender again because he is bound to have a weakness that will prevent our promotion. John Terry? Nah, he's too slow, we'll go down with him in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669