We Must Get Fulop Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until we have a decent midfield we may as well continue with Henderson. Throwing money away on Fulop (as decent as he may be) does not cure the deep-rooted problems at City.

If Sunderland can't quote a decent price then they may as well go stick Fulop up Keane's arse.

I don't necessarily think Fulop would have stopped any of the goals today. They were all from crosses but owed more to bad defending to be honest.

I did however notice that Henderson seemed really indecisive through out the game and you could see the defenders and him were not on the same wave length. For that reason alone i'd like to see Fulop back as he seems to have the confidence of the defenders.

Good shout for Taylor. He was a decent keeper for us.

I think 3 Million is too much for Fulop in today's climate. He's a decent keeper, but can't see us paying that much for him in our league position. Mind you we might need him in our league position!

If we can get some bugger in who can score then Fulup won't matter so much if we're banging em in at the other end.

Big ferkin if though :icon_sad:

He makes a good defence one of the best in the division. He is not only the best Keeper (by a country mile) we have had since a fully fit Flowers but the most important player for us to sign both for now and the future.
Don`t be surprised if he moves elsewhere this week.

He isnt worth £3M quite simply. We will sign him for around £1.5M IMO

I think so too.

Keane understands we are in a bad situation having no other keeper who commands any confidence and is quite rightly trying to capitalise on this.

£1.5 is about what he's worth plus possibly add ons - more likely to be related to us avoiding relegation than anything else.

It will all depend on whether Keane is really prepared to sell or alternatively thinks that Fulop is relevant to their relegation battle. I he will sell. Fulop's a very decent keeper - but he ain't that wonderful.

£1.5 million is tops for Fulop. As someone else has said we need to invest in midfield. I guess at £3m no one in the championship will buy him. The only way anyone will do a £3m deal is if its £1.5m down and and the rest if promotion happens within 18 months.

Alternatively if he is priced out of the market in the Championship - might Megson need a new keeper for next season at Bolton?

Otherwise if he doesn't sell in the window might he come back to Leicester at the end of Jan?

As for MM having lots of dosh - compared to us he does, (£73m personal fortune) but not compared to some of the other clubs in the championship that have just been taken over - QPR, Ipswich, Cov, Southampton .... and the parachute boys of course. So we are well off - but not that well off.

The guy is 24! Cant really get a better investment than that!!! Spend it on him, n get him in, so many balls that Fulop would have mopped up in his sleep 2day, compared to PH! Get him in!

Its the most important player as a good keeper improves the whole defence as a unit, id pay the maximum we can afford(at 24 hes an investment) plus it seems he wants to come here

paying 3mill for a keeper would be the most idiotic thing this club has done recently, and that is saying something.

as i've just said on another thread.... Sunderland paid £500,000 for Fulop this time last year and he only played 4 times for them. To put a price tag of 3m on him is shocking and unrealistic. There trying to recoop money for Gordon and taking advantage of Meelans money. There are better keepers out there for less than 3m. Get Fulop back now but don't spend stupid money on him

The guy is 24! Cant really get a better investment than that!!!

id pay the maximum we can afford(at 24 hes an investment) plus it seems he wants to come here
It would only be an "investment" if he then spends the next X number of years with us. As I have mentioned in another thread, players just don't do that anymore. So it doesn't matter if a player is 24 or 34, we'll probably only have him for a year or two.

I suppose buying younger players means there's a possibiliy of larger transfer fees when they leave, but there's no guarantee of that in the Bosman era, and if we pay over the odds for him now, any future profit for him will be negated anyhow.

Still, I'd like us to buy him. And I think we will.

Agreed he calls him back early in loan then wants 3mill. Trying to get redemption for paying too much last summer.

Hendo lost us the game yesterday, Fulop would have taken the first two crosses and the pathetic attempt Hendo made at the 3rd goal was just awful. We need a keeper asap but shouldn't pay £3m for Fulop, there are several good keepers not playing at the moment in the premiership (eg. Sorenson is 3rd choice at Villa and must want a chance to play!).

Hendo lost us the game yesterday, Fulop would have taken the first two crosses and the pathetic attempt Hendo made at the 3rd goal was just awful. We need a keeper asap but shouldn't pay £3m for Fulop, there are several good keepers not playing at the moment in the premiership (eg. Sorenson is 3rd choice at Villa and must want a chance to play!).

Much agreed he was fecking awful. All 3 goals were in the middle of the goal! Worst goalkeeping performance I have seen from a LCFC player. Zagorakis was better

Much agreed he was fecking awful. All 3 goals were in the middle of the goal! Worst goalkeeping performance I have seen from a LCFC player. Zagorakis was better

Arguably the funniest thing I seen that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669