We Must Get Fulop Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sunderland are calling our bluff, I'd like us to reciprocate and tell them to bog off. I certainly wouldn't pay more than £1m for him.

Am I alone in thinking that Marton is not the best thing since sliced bread?

I do think he's the best keeper we've had since Flowers. He's also the most commanding and confidence inspiring for donkey's years. However, this isn't in the face of much competition, it has to be said. Maybe we're so used to garbage in goal that the sight of an okay keeper has us drooling?

He's nothing more than an okay shot stopper, has been known to flap and hasn't set the world alight anywhere before now.

I've got a sneaking feeling that our all round solid defending over recent months has made him look a little better than he actually is.

I think £1.5m is too much and if we've got a spare £1m for a keeper, we could do better.

I disagree I rather say a good goalie improves the defense as a whole and thats we seen with fulop.

Not if Sunderland are holding out for the money it won't be.

TBH If Sunderland want £3m for him we should be looking elsewhere, surely there's other keepers about who can do a good enough job?

Or am I being too optimistic?

Well I reckon good keepers dont grow on trees evident in the fact the other keepers at the club are poor. So simply saying its easy to get someone of equal quality for less money is been optimistic.

Sorensen from villa might well be available third choice probably just as good

Let's not get carried away here, as much as Fulop is pretty good, Sorensen is quite a lot better and will end up at better team than us .

Also, too many people are acting like if we don't get Fulop no one will, Sunderland probably won't keep him, but i'm sure that there'll be interest from elsewhere. Yes at present he wants to come here, but i'm sure someone else could persuade him with a big bag of ££££. Sunderland and Keane have been very clever, we should have made moves to get him permanently much before now and not let us get ourselves into this situation.

I assume/really really hope that we haven't just sat back expecting to get him in the end, maybe one of the three new people is a keeper, or at the very least there are a few other options.

Ben Alnwick linked this morning...superb alterative if so.
Fulop deal dead in the water,due to Sunderlands price demands,wouldnt you love to buy something decide it was not good enough to do the job you wanted it for and be able to sell it for a 500% profit.Alnwick not a bad keeper seen him play a few times for Sunderland and he always aquited himself well.

I hope this comes off (the Alnwick deal) we seriously need to address the 'keeper issue. I feel sorry for Fulop who obviously wanted to come here and is being used as a pawn by his club. Never did like that Keane chap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69