Wellens - the new Wayne Brown or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems a bit harsh to be going after Steven so vitriocally. Is that a word?
Whether it was intentional or not I think his first post created unecessary bad feeling and made something out of absolutely nothing. It was the kind of comment that could spiral out of control (and it has if you take a look at some of the comments regarding this on fickletalk).

What is worse?

Being called a racist or being called a ****?

Seems a bit harsh to be going after Steven so vitriocally. Is that a word?

It's not 'going after him'

Out of the thousands of adjectives he could have used, he chose ignorant and racist to throw into an assessment of Wellens as a person - neither of which were justified in any way from the original, rather innocent quotes

It was a hysterical, ridiculous overreaction of the worst possible kind

He's a complete idiot

dares ya!

He is really not worth it BF.

Being called a **** is an honour and that is not an honour I am going to give him. When DD gave him that honour and I laughed he did not appreciate it at all.
Now he turns out to be a racist.

Probably just a dishonest assessment of integrating players into a team. I suspect that the amount of integrating that needs to be done is directly proportional to how close Wellens feels that player is to him in terms of skill, effectiveness for the team etc.

I feel that Wellens only makes these remarks about players he feels he is roughly on a par with. A player for whom he has a lesser regard he probably would not bother with.

I am sure that if Messi were to arrive at City then Wellens would not be saying anything about a lack of communication. :icon_roll

Picture the scenario; two blokes arrive at your place of work on Monday morning, one is English, one is Japanese.

The English chap comes in, you tell him what you want him to do and it's clear he knows exactly what he's doing and he gets on with it.

The Japanese chap doesn't speak a word of English and he takes a translator with him everywhere, you try to give him instructions which you're pretty sure he doesn't understand despite him being a master of his trade back in Japan. He shows some signs of promise, but the language barrier is too big an obstacle - perhaps in about 2 or 3 months he'll be able to properly communicate with his team.

Which one would be easier to integrate into the workplace?

IMO there's nothing racist or xenophobic about Wellens' desire to bring in English speaking players. He just seems to feel (as do I) that we can't afford to wait 2 or 3 months for Abe, or any of our signings, to settle in. We need players who are going to come in and do a job immediately, especially considering the predicament that we currently find ourselves in.

We simply do not have that luxury.

Hmm, English-speaking jobsworth or Johnny Foreigner fancy-dan?

Which one's best? :102:

Harry_Hill-1-200-200-85-crop.jpg

We can't get them to fight because that didn't work out at all well last season.

Unfortunately he named two foreign players who have been playing in England for a number of years as his example (Santa Cruz and Jo).

I don't think he is racist or ignorant..I just think he's a plonker. As are most footballers I suppose, given the lack of extended education.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69