Wellens - the new Wayne Brown or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea don't appear to be struggling to communicate seeing as they're five points clear at the top of the Prem with only two British players in their side at the weekend being about standard for them.

:icon_lol: You're talking of two different 'transfer markets' there so to speak.

You're somewhat forgot that the vast majority of Chelsea's foreigners all took six months plus to settle. Drogba, Malouda, Alex, Ivanovic, Zhirkov and even Essien learnt a sharp lesson in how to tackle.

Chelsea don't appear to be struggling to communicate seeing as they're five points clear at the top of the Prem with only two British players in their side at the weekend being about standard for them.

But Chelsea's players didn't all immediately fit in and start performing at their current level.

The point is that the owners want instant success, so if we're signing players with that in mind they should be players who can play at their best immediately.

Not racist, just pig headed bullshit from a player who isn't good enough to merit voicing such opinions.

Wellens has no place questioning the transfer policy of the club. No doubt he's happy enough that the club is owned, as he is paid, by foreigners who sometimes struggle communicating in English.

He's also quoted as being all jokey about the racist twat (Brown) who may have indirectly cost us a Prem place this season and who got nowhere near enough abuse for it on Saturday. A man who alienated many of his team mates at the critical point last season.

Brown Nose and I are in total accord on the above. Which I'm sure disappoints him no end.

Wellens himself is lucky to have a position in the side and I seriously doubt has the chops for the top flight. Glass houses and all that.

Is his an honest assessment of integrating players into a team or just the ignorance of an unthinking racist git? :102: :014:

]

What an unsavoury comment - from Steven and not from Wellens. To plant the suggestion in the form of a question is especially cheap.

Wellens made a serious and valid point. Is Steven really suggesting that players who cannot speak English can play as big a part in the banter as those who can?

Nothing helps unpleasant groups like the BNP more than being linked to real concerns. How ironic to use the word "unthinking" when Wellens clearly has been thinking and Steven has not.

But Chelsea's players didn't all immediately fit in and start performing at their current level.

The point is that the owners want instant success, so if we're signing players with that in mind they should be players who can play at their best immediately.

Yeah, but there is a big difference between winning at the top of the Prem and winning games in this league. Any bit of quality in the Championship stands out a mile. If we can afford it, it's worth it irrespective of the communication issues.

And not forgetting that Sven is very well used to putting together teams or disparate nationalities.

Last edited:
I assumed he meant Dyer was omitted to ensure he didn't try any retribution.

Kind of. It just makes sense that someone decided not to put them both on the same pitch just yet. I totally support that decision too.

If Dyer is injured, it's timing was most convenient.

What an unsavoury comment - from Steven and not from Wellens. To plant the suggestion in the form of a question is especially cheap.

Wellens made a serious and valid point. Is Steven really suggesting that players who cannot speak English can play as big a part in the banter as those who can?

Nothing helps unpleasant groups like the BNP more than being linked to real concerns. How ironic to use the word "unthinking" when Wellens clearly has been thinking and Steven has not.

Cobblers. Team spirit is important. However, team spirit is about integrating all players and generating a collective identity, not differentiating between those that get the infantile jokes and those that don't.

I'm just grateful that we've got a manager in Sven who was wise enough to give the captaincy to someone like King who has demonstrated maturity and inclusiveness over a dickhead like Wellens.

Brown Nose and I are in total accord on the above. Which I'm sure disappoints him no end.

Wellens himself is lucky to have a position in the side and I seriously doubt has the chops for the top flight. Glass houses and all that.

You may be both in accord but you are both in a minority of two. What a load of garbage you spout. Both of you.

You may be both in accord but you are both in a minority of two. What a load of garbage you spout. Both of you.

I see. I somehow doubt it's two. Sven, for example would probably agree with us in saying he'd rather his players not discuss transfer targets with the media.

This is a comment left on the Sun article page. Left by a Swedish Sven fan? notice he calls him Sven-Goran, do Swedish people refer to him this way rather than just Sven?

It's odd that so many people feel qualified to "advise" Sven-Goran?
Very few come close to matching his long career of turning low to mid ranking teams (including England) into record breakers.
Very few appear to understand his methods, but still feel qualified to criticise him for any minor setback along the progressive upward journey he has engineered for every single club (except perhaps for the impossible "El Tri" in Mexico?) he has coached and mentored. (Remember the furore and ungrateful bogus outrage after each of the ONLY five competitive games lost 2001-2006 during his tenure with England for example.....?)
Those who know him (or have followed Sven's career in any real detail) will be confident that he will acknowledge all the "good" advice with his usual good humour, charm and dignity.., while totally ignoring it to continue on in his own unique way to create a world class squad and bring s(v)ensational future success to the Foxes

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-1-Preston-0.html#mySunComments#ixzz146NN8WOS

This is a comment left on the Sun article page. Left by a Swedish Sven fan? notice he calls him Sven-Goran, do Swedish people refer to him this way rather than just Sven?

No, Svennis. Just as you English often form nicknames by shortening the original name (Nick, Matt etc etc), we tend to add the prefix -is (or used to, not that common nowadays).

Last edited:

No, Svennis. Just as you English often form nicknames by shortening the original name (Nick, Matt etc etc), we tend to add the prefix -is (or used to, not that common nowadays).

It's probably common to call him Sven-Goran in Hertfordshire as this bloke lives there.

"Svenalike".... Makes his living as a Sven look-alike. No wonder he's so positive about Sven's achievements

Thank you. I was puzzled by the Svennis nick name (and I'm one of those clever dicks who like to know everything).

Amazing how no-one has picked up on my mixing up of prefix and suffix, I suppose a Swede can get away with murder in the Sven era :icon_bigg

Amazing how no-one has picked up on my mixing up of prefix and suffix, I suppose a Swede can get away with murder in the Sven era :icon_bigg

I spotted it Isswedefox, I was just a bit too busy at the time to take the piss

Probably just a dishonest assessment of integrating players into a team. I suspect that the amount of integrating that needs to be done is directly proportional to how close Wellens feels that player is to him in terms of skill, effectiveness for the team etc.

I feel that Wellens only makes these remarks about players he feels he is roughly on a par with. A player for whom he has a lesser regard he probably would not bother with.

I am sure that if Messi were to arrive at City then Wellens would not be saying anything about a lack of communication. :icon_roll

Probably just a dishonest assessment of integrating players into a team. I suspect that the amount of integrating that needs to be done is directly proportional to how close Wellens feels that player is to him in terms of skill, effectiveness for the team etc.

I feel that Wellens only makes these remarks about players he feels he is roughly on a par with. A player for whom he has a lesser regard he probably would not bother with.

I am sure that if Messi were to arrive at City then Wellens would not be saying anything about a lack of communication. :icon_roll

So yet more baseless rambling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00