Wellens - the new Wayne Brown or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whitout wishing to speak for other people,Steven asked a question and gave two possible examples of what people may think at no point did he say he thought Wellens was a racist so why are people getting on his back?

IMO Wellens has said nothing offensive although he should concentrate on his own game and let Sven decide who he employs!

michael johnson would be a good start!

I don't think he's racist in the slightest and I can understand his points too when it comes to team morale and spirit.

I do think this is a mountain out of a molehill though to presume that by saying such things makes him a xenophobe.

That said I think it's a bit unprofessional of him to air his opinions about transfer policy in a newspaper like this especially when Sven has signed 3 players so far all of which are English.

If Sven can bring in talented individuals from abroad or who are foreign but based in the UK, then I'm not going to call him. I think he has the ability to analyse where we need strengthening and which players can do this in order to get us into a team with the ability to win promotion (perhaps not this season but who knows).

So far I've been thoroughly impressed with his recruits and genuinely excited by the names we've been associated with since his appointment. Never would we have been associated with players of this ilk with Sousa or Pearson at the helm.

Last edited:
Precisely which bit of it did you think warranted your labelling of him as potentially ignorant, unthinking or racist ?

Not racist, just pig headed bullshit from a player who isn't good enough to merit voicing such opinions.

Chelsea don't appear to be struggling to communicate seeing as they're five points clear at the top of the Prem with only two British players in their side at the weekend being about standard for them.

Wellens has no place questioning the transfer policy of the club. No doubt he's happy enough that the club is owned, as he is paid, by foreigners who sometimes struggle communicating in English.

He's also quoted as being all jokey about the racist twat (Brown) who may have indirectly cost us a Prem place this season and who got nowhere near enough abuse for it on Saturday. A man who alienated many of his team mates at the critical point last season. No surprise that Dyer was 'injured' either.

He's also quoted as being all jokey about the racist twat (Brown) who may have indirectly cost us a Prem place this season and who got nowhere near enough abuse for it on Saturday. A man who alienated many of his team mates at the critical point last season. No surprise that Dyer was 'injured' either.

Are you implying that Dyer feigned injury so he wouldn't have to play against Brown? If so, that is an absolutely ludicrous thing to say!

Good point not perfectly made, but I do agree. We didnt need marque signings from abroad. We needed players who would add something to the squad and settle quickly. One of Paulo's many failings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00