Wellens to Brum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree.....it's a relatively cost neutral and considerable improvement of the squad to try and unlock £40 + of revenue in the premier league next year. Promotion would allow us to use a proportion of that money to either retain these better players or buy different better players. Fryatt and Morrisson playing their current standard would not have got us to the Prem or kept us there. Not everyone can be as lucky as Blackpool.
If we don't get promoted this year i think King Power will still try in a more structured way next year - very much like Briatore/Mittal/Ecclestone have done at QPR...they've spent millions. As for Forest - they spend over £5m a year on transfer fees...
Homegrown players like King, O'Neill, Schlupp, Jorring John and youngsters like Naughton and Waghorn will also do better playing with Yakubu, Vassell etc than with inferior younger players.

I will give them that if it is going to make such a difference!

He's not going IMO. He's happy here and I would be tempted to suggest he'd carry on getting more first-team football here- in with the chance to know he's got us into the prem rather than just being there by default. I also can't imagine that Birmingham would pay higher wages to the extent that he'd leave us.

Wellens style of play shows him to be an extremely competitive character. I would guess that he would want to compete against the best.

It is often said that footballers are in it for the money. This is true - it is the main reason why anyone does their job of work. However, people are also obsessed with status and Wellens will want to look back and say he was a Premier League player.

Personally I hope he stays as I enjoy watching him and think he gives an aggressive edge to the midfield. He is rather a "nasty" player and I mean that as a compliment.

£4-£5m will do.....

If we get an offer he'll slam in a transfer request quicker than you can say "show me the money".

I'd rather we lose King to be honest.

Probably controversial.

Don't see how if they come in with that kind of money we would turn them down but it would be a real statement by the thai boys if they did IMO.

Nope, must say I'm with you on that one Babs.

Inclined to agree but losing neither would be even better!!

Don't see how if they come in with that kind of money we would turn them down but it would be a real statement by the thai boys if they did IMO.

Well no for that money I would probably sell him myself.

But if they aren't willing to go above £2.5/£3.5m for Adam the chances are it'll be more like £1.5/£2m.

Well no for that money I would probably sell him myself.

But if they aren't willing to go above £2.5/£3.5m for Adam the chances are it'll be more like £1.5/£2m.

Whats the age difference between him and Adam?:102:

Whats the age difference between him and Adam?:102:

Wellens is about 5 years older... which is why they wouldn't pay that amount for him. And it's not in our interests selling him for any less.

He's crucial to Sven's set up

We won't sell (until the summer)

Wellens and King have become like Lennon and Muzzy. Wellens is our most important player in my opinion and we would struggle to replace him with someone as experienced or as plain ****ing good as he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669