Wellens to Brum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather we lose King to be honest.

Probably controversial.
Disagree entirely. King is the one player we shouldn't entertain any offers for if we're serious about progressing. Out of our squad, he would be the one most difficult to replace.

Disagree entirely. King is the one player we shouldn't entertain any offers for if we're serious about progressing. Out of our squad, he would be the one most difficult to replace.

Like I said, it's controversial. I just think there is so much more to Wellens all round game that King.

When we play well, Wellens is usually man of the match. Of course Kings goals have been crucial, but losing him would give us money to buy the midfielder Sven needs to go 4-4-2 (which I'm sure he'd prefer), and not have to worry about fitting King into the system.

We'd then be able to play two up top, say Vassell and Yabubu which I think would increase our potency in front of goal.

But... who knows for sure. Could be a disaster losing him, i'm no expert :102:

Like I said, it's controversial. I just think there is so much more to Wellens all round game that King.

When we play well, Wellens is usually man of the match. Of course Kings goals have been crucial, but losing him would give us money to buy the midfielder Sven needs to go 4-4-2 (which I'm sure he'd prefer), and not have to worry about fitting King into the system.

We'd then be able to play two up top, say Vassell and Yabubu which I think would increase our potency in front of goal.

But... who knows for sure. Could be a disaster losing him, i'm no expert :102:

couldn't have put it better myself

Phew! I know that I see the team playing, in the flesh as it were, very rarely, but I was about to admit that I know nothing about football as more and more agreed with the statement that King could leave.... of course, it may be that we are both deluded....... :102::icon_bigg

Last edited:
couldn't have put it better myself

If the club have aspirations in line with the fans then neither will be sold. Why are we comparing them in the 'which one is more important to us' argument? no one knows how ineffective the other one will be if one of them is sold.

Selling Wellens right now would be plain daft

Selling King at all would be bordering on the clinically insane

If the club have aspirations in line with the fans then neither will be sold. Why are we comparing them in the 'which one is more important to us' argument? no one knows how ineffective the other one will be if one of them is sold.

I was agreeing more with the point that Wellens is more of a key player for us than King. I rate both and don't want either to go.

I can't believe some people are saying it would be OK to sell the first goal scoring midfielder we've had since Jesus of Nazereth was a regular on the Kop. Barmy.

I can't believe some people are saying it would be OK to sell the first goal scoring midfielder we've had since Jesus of Nazereth was a regular on the Kop. Barmy.

Shame he offers little else.

I must be watching a different player week-in week-out then.:icon_wink

Just so you know... this isn't any king.

RichieWellens_633898189611738750.jpg

This is Andy King

invisible-man.jpg

Selling Wellens right now would be plain daft

And its difficult to understand how some people can start to conject about if one or the other left then this would allow a change of formation etc etc.

They don't seem able to comprehend that we need as many good players as we can get and that a manager can't work on the basis that every player is going to be fit and available for every game and therefore it can't be about one set of 11 players and a settled team/ fixed formation.

To be honest some of the comments on here are about as daft as were put about in the 1960's along the lines of you couldn't have a Denis Law and a Jimmy Greaves in the side because they're both goal scorers!

On a wider matter, selling Wellens or King would also raise questions about whether we were locked into a policy of signing quality players principally on short term arrangements rather than building for the next couple of years. I still have some doubts whether the people running/ managing the club are in it for the long term. The Andy King/Wellens issues may help to clarify this.

I must be watching a different player week-in week-out then.:icon_wink

You know how they are RS, a couple of poor displays and he's crap, goes missing, we should sell him. But don't worry, a couple of goals in the next few games and he will be the new Lampard again :icon_roll

On a wider matter, selling Wellens or King would also raise questions about whether we were locked into a policy of signing quality players principally on short term arrangements rather than building for the next couple of years. I still have some doubts whether the people running/ managing the club are in it for the long term. The Andy King/Wellens issues may help to clarify this.

My concern as well. Get promotion, increased value for players and increased profits for the (temporary?) owners.

Don't get this thread. Selling King is not an issue! He is happy, the club is happy with him, and no one has made an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00