Wellens to Brum

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are joking, there, of course :102:

Not really. Within the next season we may be in the premiership, at which point Wellens could feel justified asking for higher wages. Can't see Alex McLeish offering him too much- hardly proven at premiership level!

Wellens is a good player, but city are (looking) a good team. I dare say he is replacable, lots of Prem midfielders are not given a fair crack of the whip and may be interested in playing for us, but for continuity sake I wouldn't get rid. I'd rather have an established midfield that one patched up at the tail end of the season.

Always struck me as the sort of guy who would leg it to the premier at the slightest chance. If he did fair enough, get a good fee and move on.

So long as the money isn't used to fund another massive loan for someone. Otherw*s* we'll be on the slippery slope of selling off the family silver to pay for loans, which you are left with nothing at the end of.

Morrison funds naughton, fryatt funds Yakubu... two assets gone and nothing to show for it come the summer.

Disagree.....it's a relatively cost neutral and considerable improvement of the squad to try and unlock £40 + of revenue in the premier league next year. Promotion would allow us to use a proportion of that money to either retain these better players or buy different better players. Fryatt and Morrisson playing their current standard would not have got us to the Prem or kept us there. Not everyone can be as lucky as Blackpool.
If we don't get promoted this year i think King Power will still try in a more structured way next year - very much like Briatore/Mittal/Ecclestone have done at QPR...they've spent millions. As for Forest - they spend over £5m a year on transfer fees...
Homegrown players like King, O'Neill, Schlupp, Jorring John and youngsters like Naughton and Waghorn will also do better playing with Yakubu, Vassell etc than with inferior younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669