West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the fans response at the end? Any boos?

Bit of booing, but not too much (a lot had left by then)

It's a depressing sign of football today that you even feel compelled to ask that question, and even more depressed by the fact there were some. We are in the play-off positions after being promoted and have lost just 3 games including one each against the top two.

Perhaps the most concerning aspect should be the fact that we have come up short against 3 of the strongest teams in the division.

From where i was sitting it looked like the second goal took a deflection of hobbs' head which changed the direction of the ball. Didn't look like that on the tv though so I'm probably wrong.

Poor performance really, yes West Brom aint bad but we made them look better than they actually are,the two boals conceded were a very soft and frustrating to concede. We didn't attack very well and all in all it was boring to watch, just annoting how we barely put up a fight. Mattock your a wanker.

It's a depressing sign of football today that you even feel compelled to ask that question, and even more depressed by the fact there were some. We are in the play-off positions after being promoted and have lost just 3 games including one each against the top two.

Perhaps the most concerning aspect should be the fact that we have come up short against 3 of the strongest teams in the division.

I thought the boos at the end were to do with Mattock's and Carson's celbrations at the Kop. The boos didn't come immediately after the final whistle was blown but about 10 seconds after.

Was the first game I 've attended this season and I thought the gane was very evenly poised at 0-0 but when they scored and quickly followed up with a 2nd (which I thoughtwas deflected but if not then Weale should have saved) We should have been right back in it after the break when Gallagher missed a sitter and could have really changed the second half.

I personally didn't think N'Guessan should've been subbed as I thought he had a decent first half and was winning everything in the air. I thought he didn't get enough service though. I also thought the Fryatt and Waghorn partnership was showing signs of blossoming in the first half but when Howard came on the style of delivery changed completely and it all dried up for them.

Yet again..............

CLOSE THE ****ERS DOWN!!!!

We might learn from our mistakes one day.

Last edited:
I thought the boos at the end were to do with Mattock's and Carson's celbrations at the Kop. The boos didn't come immediately after the final whistle was blown but about 10 seconds after.

Was the first game I 've attended this season and I thought the gane was very evenly poised at 0-0 but when they scored and quickly followed up with a 2nd (which I thoughtwas deflected but if not then Weale should have saved) We should have been right back in it after the break when Gallagher missed a sitter and could have really changed the second half.

I personally didn't think N'Guessan should've been subbed as I thought he had a decent first half and was winning everything in the air. I thought he didn't get enough service though. I also thought the Fryatt and Waghorn partnership was showing signs of blossoming in the first half but when Howard came on the style of delivery changed completely and it all dried up for them.

I thought we looked threatening for the first 10 mins or so of the 2nd half, then Howard came on and we reverted to hoof ball and never really had a chance after it.

Gotta say, I wasn't impressed with some of our fans during the minute's silence, embarrassed themselves.

I thought we looked threatening for the first 10 mins or so of the 2nd half, then Howard came on and we reverted to hoof ball and never really had a chance after it.

Gotta say, I wasn't impressed with some of our fans during the minute's silence, embarrassed themselves.

It wasn't too bad where I was (L1), except that a lot thought it was over after the last post and started clapping etc. but so did the players. Silence was soon restored after people realised.

It wasn't too bad where I was (L1), except that a lot thought it was over after the last post and started clapping etc. but so did the players. Silence was soon restored after people realised.

So did I and I was with the banner bearers at the side of the pitch! I don't think that was the problem, there was just the odd shout out in the middle. All credit to the club, it was a fantastic display of support for the poppy appeal and I hope they raised lots of cash. It was a great day out for all those involved in the parade too.

It was Carson and Jonas Olsson.

... quickly followed up with a 2nd (which I thoughtwas deflected but if not then Weale should have saved)

The ball was dipping and swerving, in the way that modern balls do; there was no deflection. Weale stood no chance.

The ball was dipping and swerving, in the way that modern balls do; there was no deflection. Weale stood no chance.

Maybe if we actually closed people down in midfield the keeper would not even of had to dive.

There was a fair bit of applause for the second half effort. This changed to booing because of the antics of Carson and one of their defenders who (not literally!) fisted at the Kop.

Scott Carson was playing for time as I would have expected Weale to do if the situation was reversed and the crowd were getting at him. However, I did not see him do anything untoward. Are you saying he made a gesture at the crowd?

Yet again..............

CLOSE THE ****ERS DOWN!!!!

We might learn from our mistakes one day.

Exactly we gave them too much respect and our marking in midfield has been poor all season. West Brom are crap at the back, got a striker who couldn't hit a barn door and had an arrogant timewasting attitude about them. They won't go up. It was Olsson who acted like a twat with Carson. You'd have thought they had won the league. Generally I thought it was a fairly even game and if Gallacher the puff had scored from 2 yards out we'd have had em for a draw at least.

Scott Carson was playing for time as I would have expected Weale to do if the situation was reversed and the crowd were getting at him. However, I did not see him do anything untoward. Are you saying he made a gesture at the crowd?

Pretty much yes and you wonder why fans run on pitches. Just cos he kicks a ball and earns a bit more, he has more license to act an idiot and get away with it. Anyone who went Dons away last season would recognise the games they were playing in the second half. What pissed me off more was Di Matteo jumping up and down at the ref to blew his whistle yet Carson (who should have done better with our goal) must have wasted 2 minutes on goal kicks yet the ref despite telling him at least five times didn't book him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669