West Brom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nicky Adams, Stringer asked about him after the match:

Stringer: We've had a question tonight on Nicky Adams and where he is, is he on loan, I take it he's still around to figure in squad is he? We've had a call in this afternoon, *sounds scared* that's the reason for asking (!)
Pearson: *sigh* We've got a squad of 21 players, you can only have 7 subs. I don't see why anybody would want to ask that question. There aren't always enough places. It goes without saying that when you pick injuries up, opportunities arise for somebody else, that is the reason for having a decent squad.

So...positive? :102:

King attempted to close the guy down, try to make a tactical and unfortunatley broke his arm. Which is why he had some much space.

Watch the replay, there is a player running along side him the entire time, just having a nice little amble along, If he commited himself then it would never have been a goal.

It's not just that goal though, nearly all the goals we have conceded recently have been because we don't close down the opposition in any part of the pitch.

Shambolic really.

Watch the replay, there is a player running along side him the entire time, just having a nice little amble along, If he commited himself then it would never have been a goal.

It's not just that goal though, nearly all the goals we have conceded recently have been because we don't close down the opposition in any part of the pitch.

Shambolic really.

Totally spot on. :038:

Shambolic really.

I'll have to watch it again - but i was sure King was tracking him.

King attempted to close the guy down, try to make a tactical and unfortunatley broke his arm. Which is why he had some much space.

King was at fault for the second goal. He's not strong enough, and not good enough for this team.

I'll have to watch it again - but i was sure King was tracking him.

King was on the ground injured in the opposition half, having broken his arm in tackling Jara before the Albion defender played the one-two with his team-mate.

King was at fault for the second goal.

That statement is brought about more by your dislike of the player than any real analysis of the goal.

King's initial challenge was piss poor, but that did not excuse the defensive ineptitude that then followed, allowing their chappy to merrily bring the ball 15 yards and have a nice comfortable free shot on goal

There was plenty of opportunity to stop that from happening after King's challenge, which I think was actually still in their half of the pitch

King's initial challenge was piss poor, but that did not excuse the defensive ineptitude that then followed, allowing their chappy to merrily bring the ball 15 yards and have a nice comfortable free shot on goal

There was plenty of opportunity to stop that from happening after King's challenge, which I think was actually still in their half of the pitch

I agree, Brown has run backwards, allowing them to move forward unchalenged. Brown has been solid for me this season, but should have done better.

I stand by my 'analysis' of King. He's done naff all this season.

Last edited:

Shambolic really.

Yep, your right. Just watched it again. I would actually blame Wellens for not coming across and closing him down. 9 times out of 10 in the situation in this league the player puts it in to row Z.

King was on the ground injured in the opposition half, having broken his arm in tackling Jara before the Albion defender played the one-two with his team-mate.

BBC said:
Andy King is also doubtful (for Wales) as the Leicester City midfielder suffered a wrist injury in their defeat to West Bromwich Albion.

However, King could play with a cast after scans confirmed he had suffered ligament damage and had not broken his wrist as first feared.

Iv'e never rated him. I dont dislike the player personally, so what are you saying :102:

As for analysis, check out King losing the ball and then trying to takle on his arse. 35 secondds into the clip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8349423.stm

I've seen the clip more than several times and Im am sure that I don't need to look again. King did not have the ball - he did not lose it because he never had it; it was played towards and past him but he had little realistic chance of getting to it. He then tackled Jara in the hope that the WBA would not gain control of the ball; it was much less than a 50:50 ball for him and unsurprisingly he lost the tackle and unfortunately injured himself in the process.

The ball broke from the tackle to a WBA attacker who laid the ball back into the path of Jara and the rest is history. From the point that King tackled Jara it was another 60 yards to the goal-line; yet no other player tried to intervene. And yet you blame King?

I think it is clear what I am saying.

BBC said:
...scans confirmed he had suffered ligament damage and had not broken his wrist as first feared.

I'm pleased to read news of the reassessment of the injury. At the time I wrote, I still understood the 'broken arm' reports to be correct.

Last edited:
Does anyone else not think that generally they would be happy for other teams to be restricted to shooting from 30+ yards out? I think that for Weale to be beaten at his near post from the shot was pretty poor, and obviously we should be closing down before they get any closer, but generally I'm quite content for teams to be shooting from range.

Does anyone else not think that generally they would be happy for other teams to be restricted to shooting from 30+ yards out? I think that for Weale to be beaten at his near post from the shot was pretty poor, and obviously we should be closing down before they get any closer, but generally I'm quite content for teams to be shooting from range.

I'm not sure about your use of the term 'near post' when the shot was basically from the centre of the pitch. But what I can tell you is what I have already said previously - I was sitting right in line with the shot; it swung and dipped viciously in the way that modern balls do. Weale had little chance of getting to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669