Post Match West Ham 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he's a weaker link than others is up for debate. What isn't, is the fact that the criticism of him has been massively over the top. Blackwell has got it right in the article BN posted.

He's not a winger and is being shoehorned into that position because, frankly, he's no better or worse than anyone else there. He's made some daft mistakes and he's a top dollar dickhead for his antics during lockdown but both of those statements can be attributed to other members of the squad facing far less criticism than him.

We all want a better RW. It doesn't mean that Perez is useless. He is exactly the type of squad player most clubs would like to have. Unfortunately for him, he's having to be played in every game in a position he shouldn't be playing in because, as good as our recruitment is, we have done the square root of **** all to address the massive, chasmesque hole on our right hand side.
I don’t see it. Perez contributes virtually nothing almost every game that be plays. I simply cannot see how he adds more in that position than Albrighton for example.

I don’t see it. Perez contributes virtually nothing almost every game that be plays. I simply cannot see how he adds more in that position than Albrighton for example.
He's better at the short passing game than Albrighton, if you forget the fact that he makes hard work of the most basic of passes and never creates anything that is

I would be playing Albrighton in every game. Not only is he more effective out wide it would also send a pretty obvious message to the purse holders that we need a player badly.

In today's press conference, Rodgers stated that we need to "return to the principles of our game" in response to our 3rd tonking in a row by the same team. The stubbornness of this man is limitless.

Well, those principles have netted us 2 top 6 finishes and an FA Cup.... I'm pretty happy if we stick to them.
You sad bastard! Try thinking back to those glorious years of David Pleat and Paulo Sousa. Get short arsed Podgers out!

Perez has 10 goals and 5 assists in his 3,474 minutes for us - a goal involvement every 232 mins.

Over the same period (19/20 onwards) Albrighton has 1 goal and 8 assists in 2,591mins for us - a goal involvement every 288 mins.

You can argue about which player contributes more/less in and out of possession but stats say Perez is the best option of the two.

The truth is that neither are good enough for a top half PL side.

Perez has 10 goals and 5 assists in his 3,474 minutes for us - a goal involvement every 232 mins.

Over the same period (19/20 onwards) Albrighton has 1 goal and 8 assists in 2,591mins for us - a goal involvement every 288 mins.

You can argue about which player contributes more/less in and out of possession but stats say Perez is the best option of the two.

The truth is that neither are good enough for a top half PL side.

Albrighton has been used very differently over that period.

He's not starting games he's closing them out.

It's not a fair comparison.

Albrighton has been used very differently over that period.

He's not starting games he's closing them out.

It's not a fair comparison.
But the concluding sentence is the critical point and is bang on.

He offers just as much. We need a new winger but the numbers say Perez should start over Albrighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566